Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Can you eat your recommended calories and still lose weight w/o doing this?

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 10:51 PM
  • 20 Replies

My BMR has been calculated and so I try to eat between 1580-1700 cals a day (usually 1580) Is it possible to eat your recommended calories per day and still lose weight without exercising/working out??

I find that I'm able to stick to my cals using MFP but I don't have much time for working out. So I'm trying to see if just by eating my cals I can still lose weight. Thanks ladies. 

by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Apr. 23, 2014 at 11:06 PM
I lost a good portion of my weight without exercising. ;)
exercise is key to getting and staying fit, but when you can't work out...eating healthy can still help with the weight loss.
mckinneymom918
by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 11:10 PM
I lost all but my last 5 pounds just by changing my eating. These are the same 5 pounds that come and go depending on how active I am.
ZakTuffMavsMom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 12:06 AM
It depends on the person. I know those who have, but I can not. I was sick last week and couldn't exercise, but stuck to my calorie limits and healthy eating and just sat at the same weight. If I want to see the scale move I have to exercise
coachStefanieS
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 12:15 AM

I think you can if you are really eating healthy foods. Of course exercise always helps even if you can just get in a little a day...some of the workouts I do are only 25-30min but are intense which is not much time to fit in during the day. Just be sure you are eating 5-6 small healthy meals a day, be sure one of those is breakfast, and do not eat after 7pm or so. Drink lots of water!! Even if you can fit in a short walk with light handweights or something a few times a week could help also..hope this helps :)

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Apr. 24, 2014 at 12:24 AM

You would need to stick to the lower end of your range, but it's really highly recommended you keep at least SOME kind of workouts in there.  Even 10 minutes a day of intense exercise can make a difference.  I've snuck in several 10 minute intense runs or HIIT sessions.  I even did 12 minute runs on a 30 minute lunch break several times at my old job!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 24, 2014 at 7:11 AM

This.  Good luck!

Quoting musicpisces:

You would need to stick to the lower end of your range, but it's really highly recommended you keep at least SOME kind of workouts in there.  Even 10 minutes a day of intense exercise can make a difference.  I've snuck in several 10 minute intense runs or HIIT sessions.  I even did 12 minute runs on a 30 minute lunch break several times at my old job!

SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 7:18 AM
Yea that's what I try to do. I work in a daycare with infants and toddlers so I'm constantly walking around or picking up a baby etc. I usually take the toddlers (4) outside for about 20 mins and push them in the stroller but lately I haven't been able to do that.

Quoting musicpisces:

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Apr. 24, 2014 at 7:20 AM
1 mom liked this

You may lose, but without working out you may not actually see the results on your body, just the scale. You won't tone up at all. You can put two 150 pound people side by side, one who works out regularly with strength training and one who doesn't, and the toned person will look like they weigh 130, while the person who doesn't exercise will look like they weigh 170. 

theresaphilly
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 7:52 AM

I lost all my baby weight without exercising. I Kept each meal under 500 calories and got rid of as much sugar as possible. 

SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 8:01 AM
How many times a day do you eat? Doesn't sound like such a good idea. I can definitely eliminate the sugar though

Quoting theresaphilly:

I lost all my baby weight without exercising. I Kept each meal under 500 calories and got rid of as much sugar as possible. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN