Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Is there anyone out there that isn't going for a cut or muscular look? LOL

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 5:11 PM
  • 37 Replies

I'm naturally muscular. It I work out too much I start looking like a man, especially in my shoulders. I know some ladies want the muscular look, but I'm looking for suggestions on how to avoid it. I don't want abs, or huge guns, or bulging legs. If I run, I quickly build huge calves (I don't run because of bad knees, so I should say when I ran), push ups, planks all make me beef up.

I want to get rid of my outer thighs and bingo wings without gaining any real muscle because I already have plenty. I'm built like a pack mule. LOL

by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 5:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
all2gethernow
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 5:15 PM
I'm muscular as well. When I was younger, I could get cut in two weeks. Now, I'm plugging away on 30 day shred, and Pilates, and my treadmill...trying to recover my body from an injury. Pinched a neck nerve in November, was flat on my back for two month in agony. I lost all my muscle tone and got very weak. I'm 48, and it's taking forever:/. I don't want to be all muscle tho-I just want to get my tone and strength back. I'm 5'5", 129, had four kids.
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Apr. 24, 2014 at 9:03 PM
2 moms liked this
First you can't spot reduce or fix. You can fight genetics only so much. So I guess my suggestion is focus on your diet and don't lift heavy if you don't want muscle. But if you want to lose the bat wings that's working on your triceps.... as for your outer thigh... that's your quadricep muscle group aka rectus femoris, vastus lateralis, vastus intermedius, and vastus medialis.
mem82
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 9:06 PM

Yeah, I know I can't spot reduce but boy do I wish I could. I just don't want to add bulk anywhere so I want avoid anything that's going to really make my muscles pop.

Quoting JerseyAirGurl: First you can't spot reduce or fix. You can fight genetics only so much. So I guess my suggestion is focus on your diet and don't lift heavy if you don't want muscle. But if you want to lose the bat wings that's working on your triceps.... as for your outer thigh... that's your quadricep muscle group aka rectus femoris, vastus lateralis, vastus intermedius, and vastus medialis.

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Apr. 24, 2014 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this
I can't really relate to that lol... I love my muscle and the gains. I have wide shoulders and they look damn good in tank tops. What is my ideal isn't for many.

Quoting mem82:

Yeah, I know I can't spot reduce but boy do I wish I could. I just don't want to add bulk anywhere so I want avoid anything that's going to really make my muscles pop.

Quoting JerseyAirGurl: First you can't spot reduce or fix. You can fight genetics only so much. So I guess my suggestion is focus on your diet and don't lift heavy if you don't want muscle. But if you want to lose the bat wings that's working on your triceps.... as for your outer thigh... that's your quadricep muscle group aka rectus femoris, vastus lateralis, vastus intermedius, and vastus medialis.

mem82
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 9:25 PM
8)Maybe I would appreciate the muscle if it didn't happen so naturally. Lol I just don't want to look like a dude with boobs. Most ladies at their most muscular, don't get as big as I do.

Quoting JerseyAirGurl: I can't really relate to that lol... I love my muscle and the gains. I have wide shoulders and they look damn good in tank tops. What is my ideal isn't for many.

Quoting mem82:

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Apr. 24, 2014 at 9:39 PM
4 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

My boobies are shrinking and I want bigger muscles. Some may say hey you have manly features... because most women want the soft look. But I say forget the limitations and I want to be super fit. Women don't end up looking like dudes unless you lifting super heavy and most likely taking some type of hormone supplements.

Quoting mem82: 8)Maybe I would appreciate the muscle if it didn't happen so naturally. Lol I just don't want to look like a dude with boobs. Most ladies at their most muscular, don't get as big as I do.

Quoting JerseyAirGurl: I can't really relate to that lol... I love my muscle and the gains. I have wide shoulders and they look damn good in tank tops. What is my ideal isn't for many.

Quoting mem82:

LillysMom12
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 10:21 PM
4 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

I'm going for buff and cut! I tried the whole not workig out thing long ago, my body got dumpy and flabby! You have to make the most of the body and genetics you have been given. Maybe focus on areas that will give you some nice hourglass symmetry... Shoulders, back and legs... And tighten the core. You can still look like a woman!
mem82
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 10:32 PM
Oh, I work out. I'm just looking for suggestions to keep everything lean. Also, I prefer to stay attractive to my husband, who has a body type. I have that body type as long as I don't get muscular. 8) I was just hoping to hear from other ladies that prefer a more traditional look. I can't be the only one who avoids bulking. 8)

Quoting LillysMom12:

Mobile Photo

I'm going for buff and cut! I tried the whole not workig out thing long ago, my body got dumpy and flabby! You have to make the most of the body and genetics you have been given. Maybe focus on areas that will give you some nice hourglass symmetry... Shoulders, back and legs... And tighten the core. You can still look like a woman!
mem82
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 10:34 PM
I do like the hour glass look though. 8)

Quoting mem82: Oh, I work out. I'm just looking for suggestions to keep everything lean. Also, I prefer to stay attractive to my husband, who has a body type. I have that body type as long as I don't get muscular. 8) I was just hoping to hear from other ladies that prefer a more traditional look. I can't be the only one who avoids bulking. 8)

Quoting LillysMom12:

Mobile Photo

UpSheRises
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 10:41 PM
3 moms liked this
I want to be ripped. My behaviors dont exactly match my value in this area quite yet but im not letting go of the dream. Adding birkam yoga to my twice daily home practice...my muscles are much stronger that they were in november when I started but i needd to start buring all this flab up.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)