Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Someone hold me.

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 7:41 PM
  • 18 Replies
I am extremely disturbed by how much weight I am NOT losing. I have done nothing but gain since we moved here in March despite joining a gym, I'm hoping some of this is muscle, I walk at least a mile a day also. Hold me!
by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 7:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Apr. 24, 2014 at 8:35 PM
Have you tried taking measurements? Or even pictures? I have stayed the same weight for a while... but I dropped my body fat from 23% to 15.7% so I know it was fat loss and muscle gain.
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Apr. 24, 2014 at 8:56 PM
Are you eating enough?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LillysMom12
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 10:29 PM
Or are you eating more? Many women tend to eat more when they are workin out which then counteracts the working out weight loss...
ame85
by Amber on Apr. 24, 2014 at 10:31 PM
I tend to eat more when I exercise because my metabolism speeds up and I want to eat all the food! I am trying to rein it in and find my groove.

How many calories do you eat per day?
UpSheRises
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 10:34 PM
I was feeling the same way about a month ago.

I hate to break it to you. The muscle weighs more than fat arguement doesn't really hold water until you've lost a decentbamount and if youre only walking, chances are you arent building tons of muscle yet.

Plus...it hasnt even been a month! Give yourself some time lady!
sheli.bean
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 11:43 PM
Aww, man..I can totally sympathise! Keep at it and you'll see progress before you know it. And once you do, it's a huge motivator! Chin up!
Erinelizz
by Erin on Apr. 25, 2014 at 7:03 AM
1 mom liked this
If you don't already, try tracking your calories to see how much you are eating per day. The exersize is great, but if you are eating back everything you burn, you won't lose.
frankiesma530
by Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 10:17 AM

I have not measured but I took a few photos and you can see the weight. Most of it is in my tummy and a little in the  neck. :/

Quoting JerseyAirGurl: Have you tried taking measurements? Or even pictures? I have stayed the same weight for a while... but I dropped my body fat from 23% to 15.7% so I know it was fat loss and muscle gain.

frankiesma530
by Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 10:18 AM

To respond to the previous comment and this one:  I'm sure I'm eating enough but this is a possibility also with the workouts, I do find myself hungrier and not making the best snacking choices.

Quoting LillysMom12: Or are you eating more? Many women tend to eat more when they are workin out which then counteracts the working out weight loss...

frankiesma530
by Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 10:21 AM

Well, looking at the calorie tracker, anywhere between 1500-1700! 

Quoting ame85: I tend to eat more when I exercise because my metabolism speeds up and I want to eat all the food! I am trying to rein it in and find my groove. How many calories do you eat per day?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN