Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Quick breakfast ideas that don't require cooking??

Posted by on May. 2, 2014 at 6:55 PM
  • 48 Replies
Any advice on how to get breakfast every morning without cooking? I have to be at work by 8 and I usually don't get up til 7 so I don't have time to prep or cook anything. Also, I don't have a blender so smoothies/shakes are not an option. I need drinks that are good on the go as well.

What about the Special K breakfast shakes. Good idea or no??

I need to be able to eat it on the go lol

Thanks ladies.
by on May. 2, 2014 at 6:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on May. 2, 2014 at 6:59 PM

fruit & cheese

spread nut butter on a tortilla and wrap around a peeled banana

I make high fiber pancakes and waffles on the weekend and put them in a plastic bag to store in the fridge/freezer until the morning that I want them.  Spread nut butter, a bit of jam, and you're good to go.

Smoothies/shakes

beadingmom17
by Rachel on May. 2, 2014 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this
We've become big fans of refrigerator oatmeal! I make a few days worth at a time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ladyvamp5489
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2014 at 8:30 PM

make ahead breakfast burritos or waffles, or breakfast sandwiches

snydemi
by Member on May. 2, 2014 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Oooh a good make ahead meal that I like are scrambled egg and bacon muffins. Take a muffin tin...wrap a piece of bacon along the inside.. dice up some onions and green peppers and put some in the bottom of the pan.. then pour some scrambled eggs in and bake at 400° for 20 mins.... pop them out and let cool down... refrigerate and they will last several days... pop them in the microwave for 15 secs....Grab and go. I know it seems bad for u but it has protein and low carbs...has some fat u need to keep u satisfied and going.
cottonsandy
by on May. 2, 2014 at 8:55 PM
You can make breakfast burritos and freeze them. When you want to eat them, microwave and go.
Lesgerm
by Leslie on May. 2, 2014 at 9:13 PM
I make my smoothies at night. I just shake it up good before drinking :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on May. 2, 2014 at 9:37 PM
I make these minus bacon. I use ground turkey... Also I have actually pureed my veggies into the egg whites.

Quoting snydemi: Oooh a good make ahead meal that I like are scrambled egg and bacon muffins. Take a muffin tin...wrap a piece of bacon along the inside.. dice up some onions and green peppers and put some in the bottom of the pan.. then pour some scrambled eggs in and bake at 400° for 20 mins.... pop them out and let cool down... refrigerate and they will last several days... pop them in the microwave for 15 secs....Grab and go. I know it seems bad for u but it has protein and low carbs...has some fat u need to keep u satisfied and going.
LaLaMonkey
by on May. 2, 2014 at 9:39 PM
I make steel cut oats overnight and then just warm them up for breakfast and go. I usually have about 30minutes to get DD and myself ready, drop her off, and head yo work.
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Member on May. 2, 2014 at 9:42 PM
2 moms liked this

Yogurt with fruit and granola
Cottage cheese, fresh fruit, whole grain toast
Smoothies
Boiled eggs, just boil ahead of time
Bagel with cream cheese (a little fat can be a good thing!) and smoke salmon
Whole grain cereal.  Be careful and read the ingredients, look for one made with things you actually recognize!
Leftovers from dinner.

LillysMom12
by Member on May. 2, 2014 at 9:48 PM
I was making over-night oats before.. There are some awesome recipes! And some just sit in the fridge overnight, no cooking.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)