Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Why do I sabotage myself?

Posted by on May. 3, 2014 at 9:06 AM
  • 22 Replies
Whenever I see the lowest number on the scale, I binge that day. Obviously I am acknowledging this. And I am embarrassed. And I'm the only one who can change it. I'm just wondering if anyone else does this or how to stop doing it? Thanks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 3, 2014 at 9:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on May. 3, 2014 at 10:39 AM

I guess I don't understand. Seeing a smaller number makes me more motivated to stay on track, not to binge. I hope you can figure out what is triggering this. 

BeAmour
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2014 at 10:49 AM

I'm the same way!

MissDanie
by on May. 3, 2014 at 10:54 AM
1 mom liked this

your doing that because you think that you can pig out for one day and it wont hurt. just remember everyday counts

musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 3, 2014 at 1:55 PM

I do the same thing, and I wish I knew why!!!  I'm working to stop it ASAP, but it takes work.  WHY must our brains work this way??  LOL

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on May. 3, 2014 at 2:06 PM
I don't really think that. I know every day counts. I guess I "reward" myself by eating. It's dumb, I know. Need to stop.

Quoting MissDanie:

your doing that because you think that you can pig out for one day and it wont hurt. just remember everyday counts

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2014 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I do it too sometimes.  I need to learn to reward myself some other way...

ambcortez
by on May. 3, 2014 at 2:33 PM

Are you restricting yourself from certain foods? Usually, that can cause binging. Seeing the smaller number can probably trigger an "eating this shouldn't cause weight gain" reaction, but once you do it, it can be easier to do it again and then the weight comes back.

If you are restricting, I would suggest just eating smaller portions, or if you go by serving-size, eat half of the suggested serving.

I think it's normal in most cases though. It just takes motivation and once you see the numbers shrinking, you start relaxing.

Good luck though :)

MissDanie
by on May. 3, 2014 at 5:59 PM

Yeah I have the same problem .  Now I realize I dont need any rewards until my task is 90% completed.

EQuoting chrisnjoesmom: I don't really think that. I know every day counts. I guess I "reward" myself by eating. It's dumb, I know. Need to stop.
Quoting MissDanie:

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Member on May. 3, 2014 at 6:02 PM

Stop stepping on the scale.  ;)

If you're feeling better, having more energy, and losing inches, no real need to weigh yourself.  Just let your mood and energy levels guide you on what to eat.

Some people just get caught up on the numbers too much.  And it can lead to cycles like yours.  The best way to break it is to learn to listen to your body and not your scale when it comes to gauging success.

chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on May. 3, 2014 at 8:57 PM
Thanks but I'm on weight watchers lol which is all about the scale. But I don't have this issue when I have a good weigh in there, only at home, need to stop weighing at home!!

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Stop stepping on the scale.  ;)

If you're feeling better, having more energy, and losing inches, no real need to weigh yourself.  Just let your mood and energy levels guide you on what to eat.

Some people just get caught up on the numbers too much.  And it can lead to cycles like yours.  The best way to break it is to learn to listen to your body and not your scale when it comes to gauging success.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN