Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Slim Down for Summer Challenge Day 5: How Do You Relax?

Posted by on May. 3, 2014 at 10:50 AM
  • 30 Replies

Welcome to Day 5 of the Slimdown for Summer Challenge!

Today's activity is to rest and relax.

A healthy mind is just as important as a healthy body!

Here is today's clean recipe:

Apple Oatmeal Pancakes

Ingredients:

• 3 small apples
  • 1½ cup whole wheat flour
  • ½ cup oatmeal
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp nutmeg
  • 2 cup water
  • ¼ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract, or to taste (optional)

Directions:

• Peel, then chop apples. Add about a teaspoon of water. Put in small pan and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes or until soft.
  • Mash apples with the back of a spoon or potato masher, leaving some chunky apple pieces.
  • In a separate bowl, mix all dry ingredients together. Add water and mashed apples. Stir until combined.
  • Drop about ¼ cup mixture onto a heated skillet that has been lightly greased with coconut oil.
  • Makes about 10 4-inch sized pancakes.
  • *Variation: Pancakes can be made with bananas by replacing the 3 apples with 1 ripe banana.

How do you spend your 'rest' days?

What relaxation techniques do you use to promote a healthy mind and body?

Do you pre-make foods like pancakes to freeze for a later date?
How often do you pre-make meals?
Share your favorites with us.

treadmillOne member who signs up for the "Slimdown for Summer" Challenge and replies to 25 of the daily posts will be chosen at random to WIN a CafeMom Gift Pack!

Click here to sign up: Join our "Slimdown for Summer" Challenge and WIN a CafeMom Gift Pack!

by on May. 3, 2014 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TatorsBaby09
by on May. 3, 2014 at 10:58 AM

I have to stop the challenge until after I see the Orthopaedic Surgeon about my hip. As soon as I do and they say I can slowly return to exercise. I will restart.crying

AppleJacks19
by on May. 3, 2014 at 11:08 AM

:o)  wahoo, rest day, LOL

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on May. 3, 2014 at 11:17 AM

I have a feeling a few people will be happy about that...haha

Myself included, I only got through yesterdays workout because I knew today was a rest day!  :)

Quoting AppleJacks19:

:o)  wahoo, rest day, LOL

AspensMama1537
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2014 at 11:26 AM
Yuumy pancakes! We try really hard to have a freezer stockpile of healthy quick choices
RyleighJane
by Member on May. 3, 2014 at 11:43 AM
Those pancakes sound amazing. Happy for a rest day after my sleepless night! I try to stretch still on the days im relaxing to keep my muscles working.

I try to keep healthy choices in the freezer, pancakes are an easy one to do. I've been looking at crockpot meals to put together and freeze but haven't done any yet, other than freezing whats already been cooked. I try to make meals to freeze once a week but don't always find the time.
Crashmonster1
by Member on May. 3, 2014 at 12:15 PM

Really as weird as what it sounds but running does relax my mind its weird how it translates into a more well rounded better me

cottonsandy
by on May. 3, 2014 at 1:33 PM
I agree running for me is my therapy. I'm in a better mood when I do.

Quoting Crashmonster1:

Really as weird as what it sounds but running does relax my mind its weird how it translates into a more well rounded better me

cottonsandy
by on May. 3, 2014 at 1:47 PM
I like making breakfast burritos and freezing them. They're good foe everyone on the go. I like going for a run to clear my mind. Yes that's relaxing to me. Other than running, I like to relax with 15 of meditation practicing my breathing exercises.
swdesigns
by Member on May. 3, 2014 at 1:58 PM

Yes! I needed a rest day!  The pancakes sound delicious.  I'll relax today by doing some crafty things. 

luvmygirls59
by on May. 3, 2014 at 3:40 PM
I've actually been on my feet all day :/ no relaxation here.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)