Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stressed but smiled this morning (SV)

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:00 AM
  • 10 Replies
I made a post a few weeks ago that my DH had lost his job and because of the stress my diet got off track. My DH did finally get a job and will start this week. But now this past Thursday we got kicked out. The coward landlord evicted us over text message and only gave us 3 days even though an attorney and the tn law says they have to give us no less than 30 days and give us a formal written eviction letter. I have no clue what we are gonna do. And it was all because we couldn't pay the full months rent exactly on the 1st and we had told him we could pay half and explained that he lost his job but got another one and would start this week. His girlfriend hasn't liked us since we met her and she got her way because she is the one that evicted us first and our landlord of course hides behind her. Anyway with all that I was still able to keep up with my weight loss and out of everything that has happened I weighed in this morning and I am now below the 170 mark. That made me smile just a little. Thanks for letting me vent
by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on May. 4, 2014 at 11:15 AM

GREAT job on keeping up the weight loss through all that! 

I agree with the lawyer.  WRITTEN notice does not equal a text message.

rebelrose79
by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks. I thought for sure with the stress that I would pack back on the pounds. My DH says he is gonna go by the law in our county and our attorney and tell them to give us a written notice. We were planning on moving anyway when DH gets his first paycheck so he doesn't have that hour drive back & forth. His girlfriend said our house was a mess just because we had a couple baskets of clothes but the floors were swept and mopped and everything else was clean. We even have pictures to prove that the house is clean. We have taken pictures throughout our stay here. Nothing is damaged. But because it wasn't up to HER standards basically it doesn't look like it should be in a magazine. I am just stressed about it all. We haven't ever given them any problems or attitude and kept to ourselves. But seeing that scale showing I am down below 170 made feel at least something is going right

Quoting michiganmom116:

GREAT job on keeping up the weight loss through all that! 

I agree with the lawyer.  WRITTEN notice does not equal a text message.

3kidz123
by on May. 4, 2014 at 12:32 PM

If you owe rent they don't have to give 30 days notice...in NH atleast.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 4, 2014 at 2:45 PM

Hugs mama...great job with your weight loss and I hope you get things worked out soon!

rebelrose79
by on May. 4, 2014 at 2:47 PM
Thank you

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Hugs mama...great job with your weight loss and I hope you get things worked out soon!

momlovestorun
by on May. 4, 2014 at 7:58 PM
It's a 3 day pay or quit notice and it's legal. Unless they took any of your money.... then it's not.

They don't have to work with you on paying rent.
momlovestorun
by on May. 4, 2014 at 8:00 PM
Over text message is not legal. They should have posted it at your house and mailed you a copy.
rebelrose79
by on May. 4, 2014 at 10:39 PM
They told us over a text message. We never received a notice.

Quoting momlovestorun: Over text message is not legal. They should have posted it at your house and mailed you a copy.
momlovestorun
by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:16 PM
Then yeah, not legit. At least not where I live.

Quoting rebelrose79: They told us over a text message. We never received a notice.

Quoting momlovestorun: Over text message is not legal. They should have posted it at your house and mailed you a copy.
rebelrose79
by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:35 PM
We are in tn. Our lawyer told us to stay put because they can't evict us over a text. My nerves are shot because we have hardly any money and definitely not enough to put down on a place. I thought about taking what money we have left and putting our stuff in storage and maybe staying in a hotel. My DH won't get his first paycheck for two weeks.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)