• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how?!

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 1:01 PM
  • 10 Replies
I'm down 66 lbs and have gone from an 18 to a size 14. Everyone else that loses weight it seems to be they drop more sizes with (much) Less weight loss. What gives?
by on May. 4, 2014 at 1:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KelliansMom
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 1:03 PM
Depends on where you drop the weight from. I don't really look at what my pant size is anymore though since I'm a different size in almost every brand/style.
all2gethernow
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 1:03 PM
Everyone is different. Do you have large muscles? Big bones? Are you a naturally curvey gal? What is your workout? So many things play into this:)
mem82
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 1:53 PM
I lost almost 50lbs and dropped only a size. Sigh I carry weight all over instead of one spot. So over all, I look smaller but not crazy small.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 4, 2014 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

We all carry our weight in different places mama.  You've done awesome!  Keep going!

mom2aspclboy
by on May. 4, 2014 at 3:19 PM

Good job! Don't worry about what size the label says, because every brand/maker of clothing is different; What is more important is how you feel in your clothes. Also, everybody carries their weight differently and there is more to body shape than fat, there's also bone structure & muscle development to consider, which will change how your clothes fit & feel.

Forget the size and be happy with what you have accomplished, because you've accomplished a LOT!

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on May. 4, 2014 at 4:39 PM

I think it depends on the percentage of weight lost, not just how many pounds.  I lost 30 and dropped from a 12 to an 8, but 30 pounds was only 17% of my body weight....whereas 30 pounds for my BFF  is only 12% and she may only go down one size.

Sixty pounds is GREAT!  you're 60 pounds HEALTHIER!

youllneverknow
by on May. 4, 2014 at 6:40 PM
I strengtg train 3 days a week and do Cardio three days a week. I am super tall for a girl at 5'9 though so that could have something to do with it I guess?

Quoting all2gethernow: Everyone is different. Do you have large muscles? Big bones? Are you a naturally curvey gal? What is your workout? So many things play into this:)
youllneverknow
by on May. 4, 2014 at 6:41 PM
Thank you :) it would just be nice to get smaller size clothes too though lol

Quoting mom2aspclboy:

Good job! Don't worry about what size the label says, because every brand/maker of clothing is different; What is more important is how you feel in your clothes. Also, everybody carries their weight differently and there is more to body shape than fat, there's also bone structure & muscle development to consider, which will change how your clothes fit & feel.

Forget the size and be happy with what you have accomplished, because you've accomplished a LOT!

Ellen306
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 7:03 PM
Great job on your weight loss. I agree with the ladies, everybody is different. Don't think about size. I lost 44 pounds and went from a 22 to a18. I can't fit all 18s and can still wear some 20s. It kinda depends on the clothing name to. Go with how you feel.
3kidz123
by on May. 5, 2014 at 6:35 AM

I went from 180 to 130's and from a size 14 to a 5, but that was ALL baby weight so I'm not sure it's the same thing. Size 3-5 juniors (sp?) is my normal size.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)