Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I am so flipping lazy!!!

Posted by on May. 7, 2014 at 4:07 AM
  • 8 Replies
I've tried so dang hard to keep to a good diet. I've cut soda out completely yet I drink Arizona tea which isn't much of a substitute. I have thee hardest times tearing clear of junk food! Especially when we're running really low on funds I make sure my son eats healthy but me and dh eat like crap! Then there's excersize . I am terrible at routines. Never have been able to keep to them hence the reason I'm up so late. :(

Idk what to do with myself I've went from 184 after pregnancy to 179 2 and a half years later! And that's due to not eating hardly anything no more than a meal a day.

I need motivation ladies!
by on May. 7, 2014 at 4:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on May. 7, 2014 at 7:10 AM
2 moms liked this

You need to stop being lazy, period. How long were you on Cafemom yesterday? You could have been on YouTube looking up an exercise video, and completing it, in less than 30 minutes, without ever leaving your living room. 

And the Arizona Tea is just non-carbonated soda, the sugar content is nearly the same or more. 

A bunch of small bananas is $1.50 or less. A bunch of kale is $1.24. Strawberries are in season and are $1-$2 a carton on sale. Some places have 2 for $1. A 12 pack can of soda is around $6. No one can tell me that they aren't buying produce because they are broke. 

I'm a tough love kind of person. You either do it, (as in eating healthy and exercising), and live it, or you don't. It's just the way it is.

LillysMom12
by Member on May. 7, 2014 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm on cafemom on my recumbent bike! Double task it!!!

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

You need to stop being lazy, period. How long were you on Cafemom yesterday? You could have been on YouTube looking up an exercise video, and completing it, in less than 30 minutes, without ever leaving your living room. 

And the Arizona Tea is just non-carbonated soda, the sugar content is nearly the same or more. 

A bunch of small bananas is $1.50 or less. A bunch of kale is $1.24. Strawberries are in season and are $1-$2 a carton on sale. Some places have 2 for $1. A 12 pack can of soda is around $6. No one can tell me that they aren't buying produce because they are broke. 

I'm a tough love kind of person. You either do it, (as in eating healthy and exercising), and live it, or you don't. It's just the way it is.

LillysMom12
by Member on May. 7, 2014 at 8:52 AM
I am all for tough love too, good advice!

Quoting LillysMom12: I'm on cafemom on my recumbent bike! Double task it!!!

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

rockinmomto2
by on May. 7, 2014 at 9:17 AM

This is good advice, but OP remember that this is a process. This isn't something that can be fixed over night. It's going to take hard work and dedication, and it will take up a lot of your time. Right now, I'm focusing on my eating because I don't have time for much exercise. This is my 10 minute break between studying for school, doing laundry, and washing dishes. It's all about priorities. What are your priorities? What are your goals? Think about them, and start small.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2014 at 9:31 AM

A few thigs:

first, that tea is not good unless it's unsweetened... try switching some for water.  after a week or two add more water less tea (or whatever) do it as you go... it doesn't have to be a total switch overnight.

second, you need to eat.  Eating one meal a day is BAD.  Try working on eating a few times a day at least.  Do you know how many calories you get? what do you eat?

third,  youtube is your friend, you need to try some different work outs- find ones you like- then you will want to do them.

NO one can do this for you, it's on you.  Take it one day at a time, make small non scale goals- like drinking water, or moving X amount of min. a day or whatever.  You can do this

lionsmom951
by New Member on May. 7, 2014 at 10:41 AM

It sounds like you're starving yourself, which slows your metabolism.  Try eating several small meals a day - a scrambled egg with a piece of fruit for breakfast, some peanut butter & celery for a snack, a bowl of soup for lunch, a healthy midday snack - It doesn't have to be on a set schedule, just spaced out throughout the day.

Those little meals will help get your metabolism back on track and give you more energy for exercise. Start with 10 minute walks - there's always time to walk around the block.

SpiritFortress
by Member on May. 7, 2014 at 4:42 PM

Self-discipline. Sounds simple but I know it's not. But it's very important! When I get a craving for salt I used to reach for a bowl of potato chips. Now I bake kale chips instead. Healthier and gives me my salt fix. 

When it comes to exercise, I finally told myself, "Self, if you have time for 20-30 minutes on cafemom, you have time for exercise." We have to stick exercise into our day, whatever time that may be, and just do it. Commit to it.

Start making unsweetened tea instead. It's easier to be lazy. Believe me I know it but self-discipline and commitment to our health are things that can make us feel so much better. 

Oh, and welcome to this group! ReadWriteLuv had some great advice. :)

BCM1971
by on May. 8, 2014 at 8:39 PM

I struggle with depression, thus a lack of motivation. I have to make the conscientious decision every day, to do what I need to do to help me to be healthier and feel better. Being active, then helps me to make better choices with my eating, and with continuing to work out. 

When funds are low for us, we don't have as many options as we would like, but we still can eat healthy without adding junk. Junk food really is what adds up. It's a matter of being willing to fix it. Most of our meat my husband bbq's a couple times a month, and puts it in the freezer so it's an easy fix. I can make chicken, with tomatos, olives, olive oil and basil (sometimes with gf pasta), quite quickly this way, and it's very cheap. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)