Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

PLEASE Give me tips on weight loss!!!!

Posted by on May. 7, 2014 at 7:33 PM
  • 58 Replies

Hello ladies Im 22 years old & I'm like 5'1 0r 2 lol not a big difference and I have two babie right. A one year old and a 2 year old. So i gained weight unfortunatly lol but I lost 17 pounds already but this HUNGER WONT LEAVE ME!! I always feel hungry. Please tell me some REAL ways to suppress my appetite because I drink so much water its not funny. by theway i weigh 123 right now but i have a gross belly that I really want to get rid of lol thanks!!

by on May. 7, 2014 at 7:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bopeeps_mom
by Member on May. 7, 2014 at 8:43 PM

have you tried eating smaller meals with snacks in-between?

darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 8, 2014 at 6:40 AM

Each time you eat, make sure you're eating protein and/or fiber.  That will fill you up and make you not so hungry later.  What kinds of foods are you eating?  Are you counting calories or tracking your food?

JJmom422
by on May. 8, 2014 at 7:57 AM

Yes I am limiting myself to like 1200 calories a day! That is pretty  rough on me lol but I'm persitent.  So Each meal is like 200-300 calories each I have no clue how to diet. Which is why I am always feeling empty. I only drink water but idk It doesnt satisfy me. I literally drink half a gallon of water a day if not more. I bought some apptetie suppresent pills but they dont work =(

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Each time you eat, make sure you're eating protein and/or fiber.  That will fill you up and make you not so hungry later.  What kinds of foods are you eating?  Are you counting calories or tracking your food?

WE

JJmom422
by on May. 8, 2014 at 7:58 AM

Quoting bopeeps_mom:

have you tried eating smaller meals with snacks in-between?

That is a good idea but then again you dont think the calories will add up? I try to eat 1200 a day..

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on May. 8, 2014 at 8:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Fat is key to satiety.  Up your fat intake (olive oil, coconut oil, avocados, fatty fish, eggs, whole fat foods, nuts -- not peanuts), and up your calories.  1200 calories isn't nearly enough for a mama with 2 little ones...I know you're active with them.

you want to get rid of the belly?  Cut sugars, processed foods, and grains/grain products.  Why?  Check out Wheat Belly the book, or wheatbellyblog.com.

Opal614
by Member on May. 8, 2014 at 8:07 AM
Join sparkpeople. If you are eating a good carb/protein/fat ratio you will not be ravenous. Diet will get your weight down, but exercise is what gets rid of mommy tummy.
JJmom422
by on May. 8, 2014 at 8:11 AM

Really? That sounds crazy lol, I thought its important to stay away from fatty foods? And all this time I thought payday bars were healthy ! what was I thinking! lol

Quoting michiganmom116:

Fat is key to satiety.  Up your fat intake (olive oil, coconut oil, avocados, fatty fish, eggs, whole fat foods, nuts -- not peanuts), and up your calories.  1200 calories isn't nearly enough for a mama with 2 little ones...I know you're active with them.

you want to get rid of the belly?  Cut sugars, processed foods, and grains/grain products.  Why?  Check out Wheat Belly the book, or wheatbellyblog.com.

JJmom422
by on May. 8, 2014 at 8:13 AM

Ita this belly that gets on my nerves lol I was doing great I was taking 1200 calories daily with havy exersize but then those cravings kick in...I hate to admit it but I gave in and now I'm eating like before. I just wish I knew how to supress my appetitie.

Quoting Opal614: Join sparkpeople. If you are eating a good carb/protein/fat ratio you will not be ravenous. Diet will get your weight down, but exercise is what gets rid of mommy tummy.

Opal614
by Member on May. 8, 2014 at 8:16 AM
There is your problem. 1200 is the minimum for a sedentary lifestyle. If you are exercising heavily and not eating any extra calories, your body will break down muscle and fat.

Quoting JJmom422:

Ita this belly that gets on my nerves lol I was doing great I was taking 1200 calories daily with havy exersize but then those cravings kick in...I hate to admit it but I gave in and now I'm eating like before. I just wish I knew how to supress my appetitie.

Quoting Opal614: Join sparkpeople. If you are eating a good carb/protein/fat ratio you will not be ravenous. Diet will get your weight down, but exercise is what gets rid of mommy tummy.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on May. 8, 2014 at 8:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Depends on the fat.  French fries aren't healthy.  Deep-fried donuts/chicken nuggets/fish aren't healthy.  Margarine isn't healthy.  Canola oil isn't healthy.  Low-fat dairy isn't healthy with all of the additives they put in it.  Eat REAL foods, real fat.  Your body needs fat to metabolize many nutrients properly and to have a healthy nervous system.  Studies are finding that fat, particularly coconut oil, actually helps patients with nervous system disorders such as epilepsy,Alzheimers, dementia, and more.

I would love to add more, but I have to leave for work.  I can answer questions on my lunch hour, around 2 pm.  Yes, I can go 6 hours between breakfast and lunch without feeling hungry because I eat a decent amount of fat (2 eggs fried in real butter or home-rendered lard, homemade pork sausage, small potato with butter) for breakfast.

Quoting JJmom422:

Really? That sounds crazy lol, I thought its important to stay away from fatty foods? And all this time I thought payday bars were healthy ! what was I thinking! lol

Quoting michiganmom116:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)