Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

What's your biggest temptation and how do you control it?

Posted by on May. 8, 2014 at 12:52 PM
  • 30 Replies

Poll

Question: What's your biggest temptation?

Options:

Sweet Treats

Salty Crunchy

Rich and Creamy

All the Trimmings

Something else - tell us what

I don't get cravings.

All of the Above, or a combination

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 40

View Results

What's your weakness - when you splurge to you go for candy, cakes & cookies, or do you prefer potato chips and salty snacks? What about rich and creamy, like buttery sauces or brie cheese? Or big meals with all the trimmings - like appetizer, salad, steak dinner with a baked potato followed dessert?  What's your splurge? Take the poll and then tell me how you keep those cravings in check?

by on May. 8, 2014 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lionsmom951
by New Member on May. 8, 2014 at 12:55 PM

For me, it's salty crunchy. I cannot have chips or salty snacks in my house. If I know they're here, it's like they're calling to me from the cupboard. I can't stop at just a handful - It's a search and destroy mission until the last chip has been consumed.

I just absolutely don't buy them. I don't go down that aisle in the store. If my husband buys them, I tell him to hide them from me.

For substitutes, I've been making kale chips and roasted spicy garbonzo beans. I also like the Wasabi Edamame  snacks. 

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on May. 8, 2014 at 1:23 PM
3 moms liked this

I'm tempted by all of the above, but I choose healthy options.  For example, if I want salty, I go for nuts.  Sweet?  I'll take a spoonful of honey or some fruit.  Creamy....full fat coconut milk is creamy....yum!

I don't buy the tempting crap foods.  If they're not in the house, then I can't eat them.

lionsmom951
by New Member on May. 8, 2014 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Yep - don't buy it, can't eat it!

Quoting michiganmom116:

I don't buy the tempting crap foods.  If they're not in the house, then I can't eat them.

3kidz123
by on May. 8, 2014 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm a candy addict...I will seriously eat bags till I feel sick. I tend to do it to cheer myself up, dealing with my emotions makes it easier to say no. 

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on May. 8, 2014 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Sweets but I found alternatives that hit the spot.
SpiritFortress
by Member on May. 8, 2014 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Lately, it's been sweets. I keep the cravings in check by not buying junk. Instead, I go for natural sugar and eat fruit. Veggies that offer sweetness are corn, carrots, and sweet potato. When we substitute this stuff for candy and other desserts it pays off. (I still want a donut....self-discipline, remember the self-discipline)

SpiritFortress
by Member on May. 8, 2014 at 3:45 PM

Quoting lionsmom951:

For me, it's salty crunchy. I cannot have chips or salty snacks in my house. If I know they're here, it's like they're calling to me from the cupboard. I can't stop at just a handful - It's a search and destroy mission until the last chip has been consumed.

I just absolutely don't buy them. I don't go down that aisle in the store. If my husband buys them, I tell him to hide them from me.

For substitutes, I've been making kale chips and roasted spicy garbonzo beans. I also like the Wasabi Edamame  snacks. 

I love kale chips. I make them often. 

chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on May. 8, 2014 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Sweets-mostly chocolate ones, and pizza.

I buy the lighter sweets like skinny cow caramels, weight watchers ice creams.

I make flatbread pizzas to help w pizza cravings.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Erinelizz
by Erin on May. 8, 2014 at 4:32 PM
Sweets. I could go the rest of my life without eating another potato chip, but I love sweets. No matter how long I go without sugar, I never lose that craving. It's a daily struggle, especially if someone brings sweets into the house.
Heebie12
by Member on May. 8, 2014 at 4:59 PM

I'm tempted by sweets. For whatever reason after a meal i like something sweet. I try to deter this craving by having healthy options like fruit in the house and hiding the kids and Hubby's sweets. Out of sight out of mind works for me for the most part.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)