Slim Down for Summer Day 24: Have a Plan
Welcome to Day 24 of the Slim Down for Summer Challenge!
Make sure you post below after you have completed the daily exercises.
Here are today's exercises:
65 Push Ups
Planks - 80 seconds
65 High Knees
70 Jumping Jacks
Wall Sits - 60 seconds
30 Tricep Dips
Here is today's clean recipe:
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 c. water
- 1 c. brown rice
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 c. broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 c. sliced mushrooms
- ½ c. water chestnuts
- 1 c. sliced carrots
- ½ c. green onions
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ Tbsp. minced ginger root
- 2 tsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Combine all marinade ingredients.
- Place chicken in a dish in marinade and refrigerate for one hour.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 6 qt. covered casserole dish with cooking spray. Add rice, water and salt and bake for 40 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet and saute garlic for 15 seconds.
- Add sliced chicken and cook until no longer pink. Add chopped vegetables and cook until tender. Remove from heat.
- Add cooked vegetables mixture to the rice. Serve hot.
People tend to get off track during holidays.
Do you have a work out and clean eating plan/schedule in place for the long weekend?
What will you be doing this Memorial Day weekend?
Make sure you stretch, do 15 - 20 minutes of cardio and drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.