Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Slim Down for Summer Day 24: Have a Plan

Posted by on May. 22, 2014 at 10:18 AM
  • 17 Replies

Welcome to Day 24 of the Slim Down for Summer Challenge!

Make sure you post below after you have completed the daily exercises.

Here are today's exercises:

65 Push Ups

Planks - 80 seconds

65 High Knees

70 Jumping Jacks

Wall Sits - 60 seconds

30 Tricep Dips

Here is today's clean recipe:

Chicken and Rice

Ingredients:

• 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
  • 2 c. water
  • 1 c. brown rice
  • ½ tsp. sea salt
  • 2 Tbsp. olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 c. broccoli, cut into florets
  • 1 c. sliced mushrooms
  • ½ c. water chestnuts
  • 1 c. sliced carrots
  • ½ c. green onions
  • Marinade:
  • 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
  • ½ Tbsp. minced ginger root
  • 2 tsp. low sodium soy sauce
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • Dash hot pepper sauce

Directions:

• Combine all marinade ingredients.
  • Place chicken in a dish in marinade and refrigerate for one hour.
  • Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Spray a 6 qt. covered casserole dish with cooking spray. Add rice, water and salt and bake for 40 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
  • Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet and saute garlic for 15 seconds.
  • Add sliced chicken and cook until no longer pink. Add chopped vegetables and cook until tender. Remove from heat.
  • Add cooked vegetables mixture to the rice. Serve hot.

People tend to get off track during holidays.
Do you have a work out  and clean eating plan/schedule in place for the long weekend?

What will you be doing this Memorial Day weekend?

Make sure you stretch, do 15 - 20 minutes of cardio and drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.

treadmillOne member who signs up for the "Slim Down for Summer" Challenge and replies to 25 of the daily posts will be chosen at random to WIN a CafeMom Gift Pack!

Click here to sign up: Join our "Slimdown for Summer" Challenge and WIN a CafeMom Gift Pack!

by on May. 22, 2014 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AspensMama1537
by Bronze Member on May. 22, 2014 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Holidays always seem so hard. I wish everyone around me ate clean. We only have one party planned it shouldn't be horrible food. Hopefully this weekend wont set me back!
la_bella_vita
by Bronze Member on May. 22, 2014 at 12:15 PM

Our families like healthy eating, so we don't have too much trouble eating healthy at family parties. And when I do eat something not healthy, I eat it in small amounts : ) 

ProudMeof2
by Member on May. 22, 2014 at 12:59 PM

I always do so bad when holidays come. I try to have a plan, but never follow it. I don't think we are doing anything, but I'm still waiting for MIL to call and try to get us to go over there to eat and hang out.

3kidz123
by on May. 22, 2014 at 1:21 PM

This weekend I'll workout like I normally do and since we have no plans involving food, my diet is safe. We plan to plant our garden and probably get in a good family walk :)

Libbyetrent
by New Member on May. 22, 2014 at 2:02 PM

i have work, and  its stressful!! family wedding too. hard weekend to restrain myself from junk. going to try

Janet
by Bronze Member on May. 22, 2014 at 3:00 PM

I tend to get messed up. I hope not!

delmobaby
by Member on May. 22, 2014 at 3:17 PM
Skipped the push ups because of wrist but got all else done. No plans as of right now. No idea yet if my husband will be home or working.
swdesigns
by Member on May. 22, 2014 at 4:00 PM

The recipe sounds delicious!   I agree holidays can be very tricky.   Most of the family is working this weekend, so it should be easier to stay on track.  No specific plans, maybe see a movie.

Erinelizz
by Erin on May. 22, 2014 at 4:49 PM
Holidays can be tough, but we have nothing big planned so I'm not worried about being tempted by unhealthy foods. The weekend looks nice, so hopefully we'll spend lots of time outdoors, being active!
soymujer
by Member on May. 22, 2014 at 5:11 PM

I admit that I have a problem staying on track.  Especially if we go to my in-laws.  My MIL cooks such good food and always has treats around

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)