Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Scale vs. Me

Posted by on May. 23, 2014 at 7:27 AM
  • 12 Replies

I am not a happy camper this morning. The scale won the battle of the week this week. Last week I was down 3.5 Lbs. and this week I gained 2. I've been eating really well and exercising. I run 3 days a week and yesterday i ran 6 miles. That's my longest run yet. Doesn't help that my doctor weighed me on Wednesday and her scale says I'm 4lbs heavier than mine does. Talk about wanting to crawl into a hole.

My eating habits had not been stellar up until the past 2 weeks. When the family has been eating pasta I opted for a salad. I ate a lot of salad this week actually.

I'm just really pissed off. I'm not huge but I'm definitely not as small as Id like to be. I also have an athletic build and very muscular. I have soccer player legs. My weight loss goal isn't huge at just 35lbs. I'm down 4 from my starting weight but after my gain this week I'm back to needing to lose 32lbs. ugh.

SCALES SUCK!

by on May. 23, 2014 at 7:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
almburr
by Member on May. 23, 2014 at 7:31 AM
Stop using the scale. Use measurments.

Greenenvy
by New Member on May. 23, 2014 at 7:35 AM

Quoting almburr: Stop using the scale. Use measurments.

This. You may be gaining muscle but losing inches which will keep your weight from going down as much as you'd like, especially if you're like me and you have an athletic body that builds muscle quickly. If I stop working out I drop pounds very fast but if I workout and eat right the lbs don't go away quickly, if at all, but I lose inches.

Heebie12
by on May. 23, 2014 at 7:44 AM

I'm focusing on the scale because we are TTC and although I'm not overweight I'd like to lose some weight before I get pregnant and gain all the pregnancy weight. I by no means look as though I weigh what I do but I want to see changes in both appearance and weight. It's just all so frustrating.

almburr
by Member on May. 23, 2014 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this
If you want to burn fat. Lift weights. If you do use the scale use it twice a month and that's it.
Cherie74
by Member on May. 23, 2014 at 10:35 AM

I agree with the weights. It's been a part of my routine since the beginning. Not only will the muscle burn more fat, but  it will give you the change in shape you're wanting to see. How do your pants feel? I don't weigh myself often, but go more by how my pants are fitting in the waist.  (I hold fat in my abdomen.)

emelymac
by Emely on May. 23, 2014 at 11:12 AM

I know how you feel! I want to throw my scale out the window. lol I know my body is changing and I do feel better, but it still pisses me off that the scale won't move. 

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on May. 23, 2014 at 11:25 AM
Our weight falucates up to 5 pounds up or down... depending on water weight, AF, your meals, time of day etc. I measure my progress in pictures. Scales don't show the whole picture... I weighed in at my PT test at 158 but my at home scale says 154... according to bmi charts I'm still overweight but I easily fit into size 4 to 7 or small and extra small clothes.
Side note if your nutrition hasn't been stellar then maybe you need to zone in on that for results you want.
Heebie12
by on May. 23, 2014 at 1:45 PM

My pants are fitting a lil bit looser and I'm noticing a slight change in my belly. I know its gonna take a while. Unfortunately I have always been super hard on myself and I'm trying to change that but its hard.

Quoting Cherie74:

I agree with the weights. It's been a part of my routine since the beginning. Not only will the muscle burn more fat, but  it will give you the change in shape you're wanting to see. How do your pants feel? I don't weigh myself often, but go more by how my pants are fitting in the waist.  (I hold fat in my abdomen.)

Retrokitty
by Member on May. 23, 2014 at 2:29 PM
1. What kind of salad? Not all salad is healthy, most of the popular ones are not. Many people make the mistake in thinking salads are healthy.
2. Take measurements, not weight.
mommynewc
by Member on May. 25, 2014 at 6:22 AM
My guess would be that your body is holding onto a little extra water to repair your muscles from the long run. Whenever I do a killer workout I am always up a 1 or 2 lbs the next day.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN