Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Slim Down for Summer Day 26: Rate Your Progress

Posted by on May. 24, 2014 at 9:57 AM
  • 16 Replies

Welcome to Day 26 of the Slim Down for Summer Challenge!

Make sure you post below after you have completed the daily exercises.

Here are today's exercises:

70 High Knees

40 Lunges - each leg

65 Skaters

40 Frog Squats

65 Russian Twists

55 Crunches

Planks - 80 seconds

Here is today's clean recipe:

Clean Watermelon Margarita

Ingredients:

• 2½ cups diced watermelon
  • 3 oz. silver tequila
  • 1 Tbsp. agave nectar
  • ⅛ c. fresh lime juice

Directions:

• Toss all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into salt rimmed glasses filled with ice. Smile and enjoy!

For a non alcoholic summer beverage you can omit the tequila

How do you feel about your progress with the challenge thus far?
How would you rate your progress?

For the final week of the challenge, we are going to change it up.
What would you like to see in the way of workouts or exercises?

Make sure you are stretching, doing at least 15 - 20 minutes of cardio and drinking at least 8 glasses of water daily!

treadmillOne member who signs up for the "Slim Down for Summer" Challenge and replies to 25 of the daily posts will be chosen at random to WIN a CafeMom Gift Pack!

Click here to sign up: Join our "Slimdown for Summer" Challenge and WIN a CafeMom Gift Pack!

by on May. 24, 2014 at 9:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Erinelizz
by Erin on May. 24, 2014 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Awesome recipe!!
I'm really enjoying this challenge! I love how the intensity increases over time. The exersizes have been great, and I've only missed a few days, so I think I'm doing well. I really love these challenges, so thanks for offering them! I was even lucky enough to win a gift card in the last challenge, which just made the process of getting fit that much sweeter!
Off to do today's workout...
AspensMama1537
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2014 at 10:38 AM
Wow that is a must try recipe! Its been hard there have been some unhealthy eating here and there and I feel like it really sets me back.
3kidz123
by on May. 24, 2014 at 11:48 AM

I'm feeling very good and my fitness level so far is great. There isn't much I'd add since this is just an easy add on to my workouts...it's not a challenge for me at this point in my journey BUT it's been fun doing it with everyone. 

I think after this a more intense challenge would be fun, like a running challenge or a weight lifting challenge. :)

JKuney
by Member on May. 24, 2014 at 7:28 PM
Done!! I'm doing ok with it but I don't know that I'm doing the high legs correctly... I don't always feel something with them
lhlady517
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2014 at 7:57 PM

hanging in there.

This recipe isn't one for me.

delmobaby
by Member on May. 24, 2014 at 8:29 PM
I've been adding these in wherever I could along with my regular exercise programs. Only got half done today as the boys are cranky and been fighting all day. Will try to finish tonight
Crashmonster1
by Member on May. 24, 2014 at 8:38 PM
Im gonnawork on these now its my bambinas birthday so she was my priority today as was her enjoyment but I will start and complete these all NO EXCUSES however I dont drink alcohol so I could try this recipe minus the tequlia thanks
Crashmonster1
by Member on May. 24, 2014 at 8:40 PM
Btw if I havent said so before I love this challenge I can feel myself getting strong and best of all I feel accomplished after I complete my daily list as well as my cardio I dont really know what I would like to see maybe some side planks just because those are a killer always
ProudMeof2
by Member on May. 24, 2014 at 8:58 PM

No exercises today. Spent the day swimming and hanging out with husbands family.

RyleighJane
by Member on May. 24, 2014 at 9:44 PM
Im doing pretty well, only missed a few days when I was real congested. Pushing myself to get these doing even when im sleepy. No more excuses, need to get ik shape! Excited to see whats in store for the remainder of the challenge.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN