Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I need to change it up...ideas?

Posted by on May. 25, 2014 at 7:31 AM
  • 13 Replies

I started a new job last week, one that has me working 50 - 60 hours a week or more.  I'm VERY active inside and outdoors and have to eat on the run.  I haven't changed what I eat, I drink at least a 1.5 liter bottle of water while at work, and I'VE PUT ON SIX POUNDS!  Even with drinking the water at work plus more water at home, even with staying within diet parameters, I gained weight.  Some of that is water weight, I think....but does anyone have any ideas for what else may have happened?  What do I need to change to get this weight off?

by on May. 25, 2014 at 7:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rockinmomto2
by on May. 25, 2014 at 7:45 AM

When you're overly active, your body holds on to everything because it's basically a shock to your system. When I do weight training, my body weight goes up by a few pounds because not only is it holding on to water, but fuel as well in case my body needs to use it. You may want to up your caloric intake because of how much more you're active, and you should see a drop back down to normal, and start losing.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on May. 25, 2014 at 7:53 AM

Might be stress. Cortisol is a horrible hormone, it will bloat you and inhibit fat burning, and cortisol levels raise with stress.

Reina13
by Reina on May. 25, 2014 at 12:42 PM

Really? I didn't know that. Love this group for all the information I learn.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Might be stress. Cortisol is a horrible hormone, it will bloat you and inhibit fat burning, and cortisol levels raise with stress.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 26, 2014 at 7:33 AM
I agree with Casey...could be stress. Hugs!!!
stine79
by on May. 27, 2014 at 10:28 AM
You can also try squeezing lemon and your water to see if it is water weight it will go away 😃
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:07 AM

I agree with the stress.  Change, good or bad, increases stress levels, and your body is adjusting.  You might have to amp up your workouts for a bit and do some extra stress relieving activities.

Congrats on the new job!  How do you like it so far?

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

K.Wyntjes
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:15 AM

It could be stress, but are you eating enough? If not your body is going to try and save everything to fuel itself! Try adding a couple of lemon slices to your water. Are you eating larger meals, or smaller ones throughout the course of the day?

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jun. 2, 2014 at 6:34 AM

I can't remember EVER living without stress.....

I am eating more than before, yes.  I snack on nuts & sunflower seeds and fruit, maybe I'll hard boil some eggs for today's snack.

A few days ago I added a large tea bag to my water bottle and drink cold tea at work.  Some of the water weight is coming off, only a couple of pounds so far.  I'll add a tablespoon of lemon juice to the water bottle/tea today.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jun. 2, 2014 at 6:39 AM

Quoting musicpisces:

I really like it....the only problem is that I'm typically working 9 hour days, 7 days a week, then coming home and still have to fix dinner/do laundry/clean house.  The agreement with my husband and teens was that I'd take the job but I wanted/needed help getting things done around the house.  They're not keeping up with their end of the deal.  I really laid into them this past weekend.  It wasn't pleasant.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:36 AM

That is really tough. I do 9 hour days 5 days a week, I couldn't do 7. You are stronger than me! I hope things change on their end soon.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting musicpisces:

I really like it....the only problem is that I'm typically working 9 hour days, 7 days a week, then coming home and still have to fix dinner/do laundry/clean house.  The agreement with my husband and teens was that I'd take the job but I wanted/needed help getting things done around the house.  They're not keeping up with their end of the deal.  I really laid into them this past weekend.  It wasn't pleasant.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN