Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FitBit

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:04 AM
  • 10 Replies

Does anyone else own a FitBit? I picked up one today and have been wearing it all night! I chose the simple model, the Fitbit Zip. It was cheaper than most, but still gets the job done! :)

I considered the polaris watch, but wasn't loving the price nor the fact that it had to be visible!

https://www.fitbit.com/zip

I went with the black color option so it easily blends in, and is convenient to wear at work! (I work in a gym).

I'm just curious. Do you use a fit-tracker of any kind to keep track?

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:08 AM

Yay!  I want to get another One.  I had the Ultra, then the One, but it finally fell off while on a run.  :(  Get a leash for yours!  I plan to get another once I'm working again, because I'll be on my feet (postpartum nurse).  I'm curious how many steps I'll be taking each shift!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

K.Wyntjes
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:12 AM

Since I'm usually wearing Yoga pants that have the hidden pocket i clip it on and put it inside the pocket. It seems pretty secure, so I hope I don't lose it. Another reason I went with the cheaper one for now, lol. I'd love to upgrade eventually but couldn't get myself to spend the money on it! Once I have this baby and get back to working more I will consider it for sure! 

You're gonna have SO many steps at the end of a shift, lol! AWESOME 

Quoting musicpisces:

Yay!  I want to get another One.  I had the Ultra, then the One, but it finally fell off while on a run.  :(  Get a leash for yours!  I plan to get another once I'm working again, because I'll be on my feet (postpartum nurse).  I'm curious how many steps I'll be taking each shift!

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:16 AM

At my job before nursing school (worked at REI), I would average 14,000 steps per shift!  That plus my runs (I'm a long ditance trail runner, and now will be working toward ultra distance) made for high step counts.  I think my highest day was a little over 40,000 steps.

Quoting K.Wyntjes:

Since I'm usually wearing Yoga pants that have the hidden pocket i clip it on and put it inside the pocket. It seems pretty secure, so I hope I don't lose it. Another reason I went with the cheaper one for now, lol. I'd love to upgrade eventually but couldn't get myself to spend the money on it! Once I have this baby and get back to working more I will consider it for sure! 

Quoting musicpisces:

Suzanne

K.Wyntjes
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:19 AM

Amazing! It's so neat to see just how much we are moving our body without even really realizing it. I'm curious to see how many calories I'm burning during each workout I get my clients to do. It will be fun to tell them approximately how many they should be burning during it. :) 

Quoting musicpisces:

At my job before nursing school (worked at REI), I would average 14,000 steps per shift!  That plus my runs (I'm a long ditance trail runner, and now will be working toward ultra distance) made for high step counts.  I think my highest day was a little over 40,000 steps.

Quoting K.Wyntjes:

Quoting musicpisces:

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:35 AM

If you can swing it, a HRM would give you a better assessment of calories burned during a workout.  You'll find it doesn't count anything for while you're lifting and such.  I did find that mine counted cycling and the elliptical as steps, but I wore my HRM for better accuracy, then adjusted my stuff on the site as appropriate.

Quoting K.Wyntjes:

Amazing! It's so neat to see just how much we are moving our body without even really realizing it. I'm curious to see how many calories I'm burning during each workout I get my clients to do. It will be fun to tell them approximately how many they should be burning during it. :) 

Quoting musicpisces:

Quoting K.Wyntjes:

Quoting musicpisces:

Suzanne

mizhoward
by Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:43 AM
I want a fitbit, just haven't been able to get one yet.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:11 AM

I have one...it's an older one and I'm not sure if it still works..need to check it out!  LOL!

Vertical15
by Vanessa on Jun. 4, 2014 at 12:26 AM

I wear a Misfit Shine and I absolutely love it.  It tracks my sleep and its also waterproof.  I can wear it on my bra, like a watch and my husband even bought me the necklace which is actually adorable.  There are multiple watch versions and two different necklaces you can buy.  I like that its also a watch so I can check the time on it, too.

tresproudmommy
by Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 12:32 AM

My Dh bought me the fitbit flex for Mother's Day and I absolutely love it.  He got lime green to match my running shoes.  I love how it's so accurate and lightweight, I don't mind wearing it daily or sleeping in it.  It does say that it's waterproof but I haven't tested that theory.  I can log everything in one app and get an accurate account for my day.  It keeps you accountable of reaching your goals.

momlovestorun
by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 12:32 AM
I love my force.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)