Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This week's goals for 6/2-6/6. What are yours?

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:10 AM
  • 3 Replies

When planning out goals, it sometimes can be very overwhelming. Try making it smaller by doing it week by week. There are a lot of 30 day challenges, or even yearlong goals that we keep seeing everywhere. If you are new to making changes, or new to the change itself, it is a lot more achievable if you take it a little at a time, and you will be more successful in the long run because of it.

So here's the plan:

1. Wake up by 0700 every morning, get to bed by 2200.

By getting to bed early, and getting up early, you have the chance to get ahead by completing things early in the day, before you go to work, or before everyone else gets up. When you see the things you have completed before most people get out of bed, you will feel motivated to accomplishing more things throughout the day.

2. Make your bed!

I know this sounds like someone's mother harping on you to make your bed, but it actually has a purpose. If you make your bed when you get up, or when your significant other gets up, then you have officially accomplished the first task of the day. It is also less likely you will go back to bed because you already put time into making it.

3. Prepare ahead of time as much as you can without compromising flavor/texture.

I like to prepare a very large container of salad mix (usually spinach, romaine, iceberg, red onion, and bell peppers) and keep it in the fridge for the week, that way when I am wanting my salad, there is no (or very little) prep-work needed. Just grab a handful, add the last minute touches (I like to add avocado, bacon bits, salt and pepper, and a little bit of dressing, I obviously don't add these to the main mix because everything will get soggy), and enjoy! This is particularly helpful after my workout. You can also prepare dinner ahead of time to slow cook, or even the night before so when the time comes, everything is ready! 

4. Eat at least one salad a day.

This will help me boost my mind into thinking I actually want vegetables, which we really do. Plus add more raw vegetables that I need in my diet. After the week, your body will start craving these fresh veggies, so it will become a habit.

5. Get at least 30 minutes of a workout in, be it on machines, at home, or at the gym.

30 minutes are nothing in the long run. There are 1440 minutes in a day, 30 minutes is roughly 2% of your day. We keep hearing 'Give 100%!', I'm saying 'GIVE 2%'!

These are my personal goals for the week. What's yours?!

~Kodah

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Great goals...I made a post just like this last night:)

keisha613
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Stay away from the scale. No alcohol.
bry36
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine are to add at least another 30 mins to my normal weeks workout routine

not to buy any more workout clothing (I have a serious addiction to this right now lol)

Actually make sure my son gets his math homework done not just ask him but to look at it 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)