Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

My biggest challenge...

Posted by on Jun. 7, 2014 at 8:21 AM
  • 34 Replies

My biggest challenge is my husband. You know how there is always a jelous vindictive jerk in the background making it hard for you to hit your goals? Well my biggest hater is my husband. He's all for me loosing some weight and working out a little, but when it comes to getting into body building he isn't. He says that my role models look like men and that he won't be attracted to me if I get in that shape. I'm sitting here typing and crying like a baby.....ugh!

You know what though? I'm pretty sure I'm stronger than one mans opinion, even if it is my husband. I'm going to go workout now...moral of the story, no one should stand between you and your dreams!

(wipes tears and throws on running shoes)

by on Jun. 7, 2014 at 8:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
twnkedee
by Tia on Jun. 7, 2014 at 8:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Amen! You have a great outlook on fitness!

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Jun. 7, 2014 at 9:14 AM

Tell him it's your goal, and you are doing it for you, not him. He can either get on board or shut up about it, because it's happening. 

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jun. 7, 2014 at 11:14 PM

Ugh!  I hate that!  My husband is that way about it, but as I got leaner last year, he was actually REALLY into it.

You ARE stronger than that.  Attack it, mama!!

good

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Vertical15
by Vanessa on Jun. 7, 2014 at 11:46 PM

My husband goes back and forth.  Some weeks he's all about support and helping me make time for my gym time then the next week he will buy me a frappe or bring home ice cream or terrible takeout choices.  Its really frustrating but I just try to aim for moderation and not let him derail me.  You sound like youre doing better then me though!  LOL

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 8, 2014 at 8:24 AM

Hugs mama!  

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Jun. 8, 2014 at 8:33 AM
Hope you feel better. I couldn't imagine not having a supportive partner. That's rough but if it's really a goal then it shouldn't matter and you can do it.
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jun. 8, 2014 at 8:39 AM
2 moms liked this

You're doing it for YOU, not him, and that was a VERY cruel thing for him to say.

My DH pretends to be on board, but if it wasn't for the meals I make for us he'd easily weigh 300 pounds.  He hates fruit, isn't a fan of veggies, prefers fast food, and despises exercise.  He's told me that he thinks I'm losing too much weight, but I think his problem is that he's insecure and fears some other guy paying attention to me.  Maybe your DH feels insecure, too.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Jun. 8, 2014 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I think you hit the nail on the head.

Quoting michiganmom116:

You're doing it for YOU, not him, and that was a VERY cruel thing for him to say.

My DH pretends to be on board, but if it wasn't for the meals I make for us he'd easily weigh 300 pounds.  He hates fruit, isn't a fan of veggies, prefers fast food, and despises exercise.  He's told me that he thinks I'm losing too much weight, but I think his problem is that he's insecure and fears some other guy paying attention to me.  Maybe your DH feels insecure, too.

la_bella_vita
by Bronze Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 9:15 PM

Mine keeps buying soda even though I would prefer it not in the house and no one else drinks it (well, he does but not very often)

mich2.0
by on Jun. 8, 2014 at 9:18 PM
I can't imagine doing something like body building if my husband wasn't ok with it. That goes beyond health, so imo it's different than if he just didn't want you to exercise and eat healthy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)