Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Pregnancy exercises?

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:14 AM
  • 4 Replies

Hey ladies! im new to this group and im sure this has been asked before but, What are some safe exercises that i can do while pregnant? I try to walk every day for at least a half hour. I want to lose 30-60 pounds after this baby is born in october and i have been told if i exercise now, it will make it easier to lose the weight after i have this little guy. thanks in advanced ladies(:

by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
somuchlove4U
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:23 AM
Belly dancing!
Mamaof2boys1214
by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:28 AM

oohh, if i could i would but i would probably look ridiculous :p haha

Quoting somuchlove4U: Belly dancing!

ncbirdie
by Robyn on Jun. 12, 2014 at 5:14 AM
1 mom liked this
I actually just posted the other day on a similar subject. I am 19 weeks and between moving, morning sickness, being the Sandman's girlfriend, and sciatic pain it has been about 3 months since I've been active. My post is titled "Been awhile since I posted". It has links to a couple playlists on YouTube that are prenatal exercises. I also found Denise Austin's Fit & Firm Pregnancy videos; cardio for throughout the pregnancy and toning for each trimester.

I haven't gotten around to trying the toning video, but I did the cardio the other night. It was mostly variations on walking forward and backward. It got me breathing and sweating, but I never got overheated or out of breath. I wish I had done something like that to transition me from being sedate to active.

What you can do during pregnancy is also determined by what you were doing before getting pregnant. You would just need to make changes to your routine as your body changes. Pregnancy just isn't the time to be starting anything new.

Also, diet is very important during pregnancy. I strongly suggest attempting to follow the Brewer Pregnancy Diet. It gives you a nice big list of what sort of foods to eat and how much from each cetegory. It can help prevent complications such as pre-e, gestational diabetes, and HELLP.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 12, 2014 at 6:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't start anything new or strenuous since you're pregnant.  I'd stick with yoga, walking, and stretching if I were you.  Good luck and congrats!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN