Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

my ultimate motivation happend.

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:35 PM
  • 12 Replies

My family and I went to an amusement park.  I was haveing such a blast, my Dad watched my dd and my nephew so I could ride a couple of the "adult" rides.  I went to ride the one( its a tower that shoots you up and drops you) theres like 3 seats on all 4 sides.  well I go to get on and I can't get the harness on enough to buckle the belt!  the lady running the ride comes over and she's like do you mind if I try to push.  She tries pushing and it wont work.  She's like mam I'm sorry but you can't ride.  and of course these skinny girls are right there and they are cracking up laughing.  I made it to the bathroom before I lost it.  it was the most embarassing thing I've ever had happen.  but I'm useing it to my advantage as motivation.  We are planning on going back next summer and I will be able to ride EVERY ride without even worrying about fitting on the ride. 

by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jun. 13, 2014 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I will never understand why people are so rude (those laughing girls) but you got this. We are all here to support  you, YOU can do this and you WILL be able to ride them all next year.

-Reign-
by New Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 9:00 AM
Wow. Rude. I don't understand how some people can be so rude. But whatever, you can do this! Let it motivate you to get healthy, but at the same time don't let it bring you down too much. Maybe you could use something like myfitnesspal to help you stay motivated. I'm trying to lose some weight before the end of the year as well. Good luck!
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 11:08 AM

You have already started your journey, let this be motivation to keep you going!  Sad that people act that way, but they know nothing about you and what you are already trying to acheive.

Keep at it. Next year, you will be riding everythig you want :)

Vertical15
by Vanessa on Jun. 13, 2014 at 1:57 PM

*hugs*  I've been there.  I still have a long way to go but I went back to that ride that I took the walk of shame away from and rode it last year.  You can and will do it! 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 13, 2014 at 3:52 PM

Hugs mama...you CAN do this!!!!  We are here for you:)

Liz132
by Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 9:08 PM
That must have been awful! Don't worry you can do it by next year you'll be riding whatever you like :)
prego_jessi
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:38 PM

thank you ladies.  I'm determined to do this!  any time I feel like not doing it, I keep thinking about how it felt haveing to get off of the ride and how amazing it will feel when I get on the ride and fit.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jun. 15, 2014 at 1:34 PM

Oh, sweetie.  ((((HUGS))))  That's SUCH an awful moment, and I've been there, too (exceeding weight limits, not fitting down the slide, etc).  It sounds like your head is in the right place about using the ride as motivation.  Put a pic of it up on the fridge or something to remind you to stay on track!  Show those girls what you're made of!!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

thefiregoddess
by Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 11:13 PM
I feel you.. I really do. Chin up and head high!
offrdngal
by Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 11:18 PM
(((HUGS))). I am so sorry that happened to you. I can only imagine what you must have been feeling.
I'm glad that you are going to use it as your motivation. I think that at some point we've all had own eye opening experiences that have hurt us, but then made us stronger.
Good luck on your new journey!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)