Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

When you're still sore?

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:48 AM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this
I did a killer lower body workout Wednesday and haven't done anymore lower body work (well cardio obviously) but today is leg day, my hamstrings are still hurting really good, so my question is do you still workout even if your chosen muscle group is still sore?
by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
3kidz123
by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:00 PM

Yes. I'm always sore but I know the diffrence between injury and just being sore. I also know my body well enough to know how much I can push and when to stop. When I first started working out I'd skip if I was sore because I was still getting to know what the diffrent pains meant and I wasn't comfy pushing through and risking injury.

offrdngal
by Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes. I actually find that I hurt less when I continue to workout, without taking a day to rest the aching muscles.
Flylady14
by Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 1:53 PM

Yes, I am sore and I did today again. Sore is alot different then massive pain. I use to work out regularly and I just started a special running program so my hips are getting use to it. 

mybratsmom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 3:24 PM
Yes!!! Warm up, workout, and then roll out!!! Really helps me.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 14, 2014 at 7:19 PM

Yep.  Sure do.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jun. 15, 2014 at 1:42 PM

I always still work out, but I may modify.  Be sure to do some good stretching afterward, and try doing different moves, instead of the same ones, even with the same muscle group.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

BeFit-Mom
by Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 2:27 PM

No, better to wait until most of your delayed onset muscle soreness is gone.

BeFit-Mom

cbuck88
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 9:35 PM

usually I opt for an easier work out if I'm still sore.. yoga or going for a walk.. while it isn't as great of a workout its still working out!

bry36
by Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:44 PM

Yes but I soak in Epsom salt the night before it really helps .I am always a 2 day after sore not the next day so I just try to do that about every other day its helped my workouts so much not feeling so sore I cant move 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)