Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Husband asked me if I am going to leave him once I reach my goal weight?

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 4:49 PM
  • 20 Replies
Once my husband saw that I was serious about my weight loss goals, he randomly asked me one day if I plan to leave him once I reach my goal? I am 4 pounds from my goal now! Why do you think he asked me that?
by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 4:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jun. 14, 2014 at 5:48 PM
3 moms liked this

1.  he's insecure in your relationship

2.  he wonders why you want to lose weight, wonders if you have your eye on someone else that is more fit than he is

Just reassure him that you're doing this for you AND him.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 14, 2014 at 7:08 PM

I agree with Rhonda.  Hugs mama!

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Jun. 15, 2014 at 7:48 AM
It's a common reaction for a lot of men.
fitmomtanya
by Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 12:50 PM
My husband and I separated while I was losing weight and he asked me the same thing. We were rocky before my weight loss, but his insecurities and his coldness towards me as I lost weight were a part of our separation as well.
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jun. 15, 2014 at 1:37 PM

I think it's a common worry, especially when they're not along for the ride.  My husband and his ex split after she lost weight (she had WLS), and I think he was concerned about it with me, too.  

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

SouthernBiscuit
by Leslie on Jun. 15, 2014 at 10:01 PM
What is WLS?

Quoting musicpisces:

I think it's a common worry, especially when they're not along for the ride.  My husband and his ex split after she lost weight (she had WLS), and I think he was concerned about it with me, too.  

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:19 AM

Weight loss surgery (she had a gastric bypass).

Quoting SouthernBiscuit: What is WLS?
Quoting musicpisces:

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

MommyD3ar3st
by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:34 AM

That depends on how you are now treating him since you are losing so much weight. Some people make a drastic change to themselves and wear new clothes, ect, simply because they found someone new to impress. This leads to infidelity because other than your spouse, you shouldn't care what anyone else thinks- with the exception of family, that is. But just reassure him that you love him and give him the real reasons for losing weight and see if you can make it a couple's thing. You can get support this way and it should bring you closer together.

way to go

bry36
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:24 PM

My husband asks me that all the time but hes actually joking since I have always been in great shape except the last yr due to an injury 

abbyrem
by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 6:55 PM
My husband asked me the same thing. I can't get him to understand that I am doing it for me so I can feel better. It had nothing to do with wanting anyone else. It's an insecurity and I'm still not sure how to handle it!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN