Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Way to kick me while I'm down :-(

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:37 PM
  • 9 Replies
I've been feeling pretty crappy lately...I just got my period today less than a month after a severe bleed after having my IUD removed. So, I'm super bloated and hungry and draggy. I haven't been lazy, I've been still working out or walking. I've been eating more, but healthy....today, my husband and I took our kids (22mo and 10mo) to the water park, we were having a really good day, kids were having a blast, and I actually thought I looked pretty good today, despite his I was feeling. I was changing one of my boys, when the woman next to me says "Oh, you've got two so young, and one on the way?"...I told her I wasn't pregnant, and she gave me this look like "Oh...well wtf..."...I could hear her and the woman she was with talking to each other about me in their language. I know I still have lots of weight to lose, but ouch. There's nothing quite like losing 30lbs, being super proud of yourself, and then getting told you look pregnant :-( ...I just want to cry.
by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mom_on_the_run
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 5:45 AM
1 mom liked this

See I always thing of comebacks AFTER stuff like that happens. I would have been hurt too. Yet I have a smart mouth and would love to say something like "and congratulation on beating cancer" and let them think about what that means, even though it doesn't mean anything. Or, "what kind of lotion do you use, you look 10 years younger that 68!" Just sayin'

mom_on_the_run
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 5:45 AM

*think not thing

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jun. 15, 2014 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this

:( That sucks.  I've had someone say that kind of thing to me, too, and no matter who it comes from, it hurts.  I don't ask a woman if she's pregnant unless she says something or is crowning (or I'm assessing her as a nurse!).

Big hugs!!!  Try (though I know it's not easy) to turn it around into motivation.  Take a pic and use it as a progress pic.

I hope things are improving with the IUD out.  :)

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

3kidz123
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 2:10 PM

My mom was in the store last week and a women walked up to her, put her hands on her belly, and said "Oh my god! When are you due?"

My mom is NOT pregnant. lol

I know it hurt her feelings but sometimes you just have to laugh it off. Sorry that happend but I'm sure she wasn't trying to hurt your feelings and she was probably pretty embaressed about the whole thing.

BeFit-Mom
by Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 2:25 PM

First, the opinions of jerks don't count. Those women were jerks.

Second, if your belly is still round 10 mos after your last delivery, then this means that your Transverse Abdominis, or TvA, which is your body's internal "girdle" is still weak. To reflatten your abdomen, you need to build and adequate foundation of strength in this muscle, then just as importantly, do specialized pp exercises that train the muscle how to function properly as a stabilizer.

When the TvA is functionally weak, then when you do traditional ab exercises like crunches, then the belly bulges outward. This prevents the abdomen from reflattening. In fitness what you practice is what you get (muscle specificity theory).

Google my screen name to find out more.

BeFit-Mom

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 15, 2014 at 5:06 PM

Hugs mama...I'm so sorry!

MommyD3ar3st
by New Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:46 AM

Don't cry. They just don't know how rough some people have it in losing weight. And the fact alone that you lost 30 LBS should make you extremely proud. I am proud for you. I am cheering you on. They probably weren't gorgeous looking women either. And when people start talking in another language around me, I will say a couple of sentences in their language just to see the shocked look on their faces. In that way, I am letting them know that I know exactly what they are saying and to be very  careful in what they say.

fostermommy1
by Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 8:42 AM

Ah man, that's awful!  Take it in stride, you know how hard you've worked.  Take a deep breath and chalk it up to hormons.

I once had two women at work ask me when I was "due"...and argued with me when I told them I wasn't pregnant.  I was livid!  I got ask two more times that same day!  My response became "I'm not pregnant, I'm fat, thank you!"  It stopped pretty quickly after that.

DomDuck
by New Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 11:10 AM

f 'em. People have been asking me if i was pregnant since i was 16 and 95 lbs (my sway back makes my tummy pop out a little) i figured when i still gad my baby belly and people asked me how far i was i was going to say

"5 months..........5 months postpartum" and then make them feel bad

just keep pushing through, dont go eat a cake like i would!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)