Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I finally joined

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 10:44 AM
  • 3 Replies

this group!

I keep trying to get a routine going with excersize but it always falls apart. So I started up again yesterday. I want to do the Dirty Girl run this year (starting with that and hoping to work up to more intense courses). Right now I know I could do it, but I would fell like I am dying by the end lol. So my goal is to not want to die at the end of a few miles. Before I moved, I was running 2-3 miles a few times a week.That was also when I had someone to run with and encourage me. I am starting now at .5 mile and going up as I feel that becoming easier.

I am excited!

by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 10:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jun. 15, 2014 at 1:20 PM

Welcome to the group!  Dirty Girl seems like a fun event!  I've done a Color Run, Kiss Me Dirty, and a couple of Tough Mudders and local mud runs, so I'm familiar with these.  The good news is that it's not about time, but about having a good time and feeling like a rock star.  :)  Definitely more fun with friends, and as you get more into running, you'll start finding which of your friends might be into that.  I started from scratch with running myself (at 250 lbs, no less!), so if you need someone to discuss it with or want some ideas or tips, I'm here!  Luckily there are some great tools available for info and motivation.

Good luck with your running!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

LivinDeadGurl
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 7:02 PM

Welcome to the group!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 15, 2014 at 8:48 PM

Welcome!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN