Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

What are your goals this week? How did you do last week?

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 6:46 PM
  • 21 Replies

Share with us ladies...how was last week?  What are going to change this week?

by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 6:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 15, 2014 at 6:58 PM

Last week was an epic fail.  I just made horrible decisions with my food and didn't workout at all.  I ran 20 miles the week before, so I want to get back on track with my mileage.  I'm grateful for new starts each day and tomorrow is a new day:)  I'm aiming for some good runs this week and to focus on my eating more..fruits, veggies, and protein....my belly feels so much better when I go gluten free, so that's what I'm going to do.

Monday - 5-6 mile run

Tuesday - 4-5 mile run

Thursday - 6-7 mile run

Friday - 3-4 mile run

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jun. 16, 2014 at 3:03 AM

Here's hoping for a better week for you, Darby!  I hear you on GF- I feel SO much better without the grains.

This week is a funky one for me.  I'm taking my nurse licensure exam (NCLEX-RN) this Wednesday, so that (and cramming!) is my main focus.  I've been doing well with food, for the most part, lately, and I'm so glad.  With studying and starting to work again, my workouts haven't been ideal, but I've managed to get in some good ones, even if shorter than planned.

So here's my workout plan for the week:

Monday- swim or run near home.  Probably 4-5 miles (still building back up)

Tuesday- swim or run at the beach or trails, keeping it short.  Relaxation day for the most part.

Wednesday- test day!  Trail run in the morning (5 miles or so), then off to the exam!

Thursday- Swim or run near home, 3-4 miles (working)

Friday- swim before work

Saturday- bike ride, 15 miles

Sunday- run before work, hopefully trail (need to sort out the day still, but hoping I can just shower at my mom's house, which would mean I can trail run!)

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 16, 2014 at 5:54 AM

You've started your job already?  That's awesome!

Quoting musicpisces:

Here's hoping for a better week for you, Darby!  I hear you on GF- I feel SO much better without the grains.

This week is a funky one for me.  I'm taking my nurse licensure exam (NCLEX-RN) this Wednesday, so that (and cramming!) is my main focus.  I've been doing well with food, for the most part, lately, and I'm so glad.  With studying and starting to work again, my workouts haven't been ideal, but I've managed to get in some good ones, even if shorter than planned.

Tuesday- swim or run at the beach or trails, keeping it short.  Relaxation day for the most part.

Wednesday- test day!  Trail run in the morning (5 miles or so), then off to the exam!

Friday- swim before work

Sunday- run before work, hopefully trail (need to sort out the day still, but hoping I can just shower at my mom's house, which would mean I can trail run!)

ambtrav2kids
by Amber on Jun. 16, 2014 at 8:10 AM
1) stretch when I wake up.
My body has been feeling old lately. I stretched this morning and don't feel as bad. I'm not hobbling around.

2) pack my lunches for work.
This one is a biggie. If I don't then I'm very tempted to go past a drive thru and I want to avoid that.

3) drink more water or green tea.
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Not the nursing job.  I went back to Victoria's Secret to pick up some hours, and I'm also working for my mom here and there.  Hopefully in a week or so, I'll finally be an RN and can get the ball rolling on THAT job!

Quoting darbyakeep45:

You've started your job already?  That's awesome!

Quoting musicpisces:

Friday- swim before work

Suzanne

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:04 PM

Fantastic goals!  Stretching when you wake up is SO good for you (more of us should do this...).  Packing your lunch for work is awesome, too.  I have a big cooler that I pack up for my days (which have historically been 12-14 hours long), and it helps a lot to save money and calories.

Quoting ambtrav2kids: 1) stretch when I wake up. My body has been feeling old lately. I stretched this morning and don't feel as bad. I'm not hobbling around. 2) pack my lunches for work. This one is a biggie. If I don't then I'm very tempted to go past a drive thru and I want to avoid that. 3) drink more water or green tea.

Suzanne

tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Jun. 16, 2014 at 4:20 PM
(hugs) hope you have a better week Darby!
I did ok last week, considering we were on vacation. Gained a little over a lb while we were gone..it is already gone.
My birthday is in three days and I'm hoping to see 139 for my birthday. Only half a lb to go!
My goals are to stick to my calories, watch my carbs, and to work out 4 times.
Not planning any cake for my birthday, I will have some ice cream if I meet my goal..if not..then it will probably be fruit. :)
3kidz123
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 4:33 PM

My goal isn't fitness relate but more of clothing. I got some new shorts but their too big. If it weren't for my booty they'd slip right off. lol

I need to find some better fitting clothes!

MomGirls
by Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 6:08 PM
I would like to focus on strengthening my knees/ankles.
ilovemykids732
by Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 6:13 PM

I quit soda last week... have lost about 6 lbs by doing so... in a week... I am sure pretty soon the loss will slow down... BUT I am excited so far!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)