Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

2nd attempt at my food/exercise journal *update*

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 5:02 PM
  • 31 Replies

Hey everyone. I'm Jasmine. I am a mom of 3 kids. My daughter is 6, my niece (foster daughter) is 2, and my son is almost 10 months. I breastfeed my son.

I have always been skinny. No matter how much I ate, I never gained weight. I was always between 90 and 97 at least. I'm 4'11''. Ever since I had my daughter, my weight stayed above 100 and I'm glad. I also got curves from the pregnancywoohoolol. And then when I found out I was pregnant again, I was at about 105lbs I think. And then I got more curves :) I am 23 and now weigh 105.5lbs and I am still 4'11''. As someone had wrote one day about someone, I am "skinny/fat". I have a tummy of course from both kids and from eating. 

My daily activities consist of everything that a single mom does. I run errands all the time; sometimes all day so I'm basically on my feet all the time. We have a 2-story, I'm constantly up and down the stairs. I do calf raises (rises?) when going up. I sometimes do lunges when going up. We have an eliptical but i've only been on it twice since i started this journal smh. I'm on it for about 5 minutes; hoping to get to 10. I just need to get on it at least twice a day. Lots of cleaning of course. I sometimes work out with my son by lifting him in the air as much as I can. I sometimes lay him on my legs while laying down and i push my legs out and then back in.. definitely works out the abs. Sometimes I dance with the kids.. we hear music every day basically lol. My goals are to tighten up everywhere. I don't want the flabby arms, I don't want my tummy, I don't want my back fat. I want to keep my curves. I want to tone and lift my butt. I want to gain muscle. My legs are so skinny, I need to gain weight/muscle on them. Don't want to lose my thighs but definitely want to tone them. My arms are skinny too. 

I usually cook, but there are times where all we can do is get something from the freezer or something. I'm trying to be healthier; but not 100% clean eating. My main goal is to cut back on sugar and salt. Not going to lie, I love me some sweets and chips. I will continue eating my snacks when I feel like it. It's hard to cut back but I'm working on it. I am also a fan of fried foods, like catfish, but I have not made it in months. I usually eat chicken or salmon. I throw the salmon in the oven and sometimes I'll put chicken in the oven or sautee. Being so busy and having a demanding, breastfeeding son, I don't really get to workout as much. But at the same time I do forget or get lazy. I also want to cut back on processed frozen/refrigerated food. I want to prepare meals and then freeze them so they are ready right away. I also need to start using my crock pot. I buy organic and/or free range vegetables, fruits, eggs, and chicken. I'm starting to eat whole grains. I'm also eating gluten free once in while but not sure what that is and all the info about it. I think that's it for now. I would love some advice, simple healthy recipes, workouts, anything to help please.

https://m.facebook.com/mommyneedschocolate07
by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 5:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mybratsmom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 5:10 PM
Instead of frying the fish, bake it. We do foil packs: get a piece of foil big enough to FOLD over the fish in a packet-style. Add your seasonings (mrs.dash is a favorite), your veggies, bring the edges together and bake at 350 for 12-18 minutes, depending in fish. Less cookware to dirty, quick and easy. We use this same method for chicken, too.

Stairs. Step up one stair, feet together, squat. Step up, feet together, squat. LEG WORKOUT! 😉 you could even do lunges on them!

Make sure your drinking water, too.
aztecqueen22
by Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 6:43 PM
I will def try that thank you. I only fry catfish. always bake salmon. btw do you know what oil is healthier? ... as from watching TV, cholesterol is a big thing. great work out.. and even better while holding DS.I'm pretty sure I've done lunges to get up quicker lol.water is my #1 drink. don't really drink juice but I do have pineapple on hand and once in a while I need my oj. thanks so much.

Quoting mybratsmom: Instead of frying the fish, bake it. We do foil packs: get a piece of foil big enough to FOLD over the fish in a packet-style. Add your seasonings (mrs.dash is a favorite), your veggies, bring the edges together and bake at 350 for 12-18 minutes, depending in fish. Less cookware to dirty, quick and easy. We use this same method for chicken, too.

Stairs. Step up one stair, feet together, squat. Step up, feet together, squat. LEG WORKOUT! 😉 you could even do lunges on them!

mybratsmom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 8:19 PM
LOL - I kinda think catfish has to be fried!! Just my personal taste preference.

I have been using coconut oil recently, but I also have used olive oil.

Quoting aztecqueen22: I will def try that thank you. I only fry catfish. always bake salmon. btw do you know what oil is healthier? ... as from watching TV, cholesterol is a big thing. great work out.. and even better while holding DS.I'm pretty sure I've done lunges to get up quicker lol.water is my #1 drink. don't really drink juice but I do have pineapple on hand and once in a while I need my oj. thanks so much.

Quoting mybratsmom: Instead of frying the fish, bake it. We do foil packs: get a piece of foil big enough to FOLD over the fish in a packet-style. Add your seasonings (mrs.dash is a favorite), your veggies, bring the edges together and bake at 350 for 12-18 minutes, depending in fish. Less cookware to dirty, quick and easy. We use this same method for chicken, too.

aztecqueen22
by Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 10:38 PM
ya I love catfish. but it has been a long time. I use olive oil.

Quoting mybratsmom: LOL - I kinda think catfish has to be fried!! Just my personal taste preference.

I have been using coconut oil recently, but I also have used olive oil.

Quoting aztecqueen22: I will def try that thank you. I only fry catfish. always bake salmon. btw do you know what oil is healthier? ... as from watching TV, cholesterol is a big thing. great work out.. and even better while holding DS.I'm pretty sure I've done lunges to get up quicker lol.water is my #1 drink. don't really drink juice but I do have pineapple on hand and once in a while I need my oj. thanks so much.

aztecqueen22
by Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 11:08 PM

today was not a good start, smh. so far i had 3 cups of water; i think my cup is 20 oz.. is that too little, too much, or just right? im going to continue drinking water for the rest of the night and i might have a bowl of cereal right now bc im hungry. im trying to eat less salt; the green beans had it unfortunately. advice, recommendations, etc for today's post? oh and i completely forgot about working out bummed_out

breakfast: half of 2 mini biscuit chicken sandwiches with homemade sausage gravy and 2% milk

lunch: ate the other half of breakfast

dinner: pastaroni and fried lemon garlic chicken wing and canned green beans

snack: about 10 jellybeans

late dinner: special k fruit and yogurt cereal with 2% milk

fitnessfanatic7
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 8:24 AM
100daysofrealfood has great healthy recipes. She covers almost every topic on what food are good for you and great alternatives. Also beach body has great workout programs. And they r only 30 minites! Great for a busy mom! Message m we for more info.
aztecqueen22
by Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 2:27 AM

breakfast: lucky charms with 2% milk

lunch: medium mcdonalds fries (didnt finish all) and double cheeseburger

snack: almost 2 chocolate chip cookies from mcdonalds (gave piece to grams and niece)

dinner: cobb salad (i think its called); romaine lettuce, tomatoes, little bit of Kraft sharp cheddar, little bit of applewood smoked ham, little bit of kraft bold rustic italian dressing

snack: strawberry milkshake with 2% milk, couple big strawberries, few spoonfuls of store bought strawberry swirl ice cream

water through out the day ( i think my cup is 20 oz, i had about 4)

aztecqueen22
by Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 4:32 PM

i think for the first time i didnt use seasonings, especially salt in my eggs. i used two free range eggs and rolled it and cut it into 4 equal pieces. i had one.

breakfast: 1 Eat Right whole wheat pancake and 2% chocolate milk, egg, 2 sausage links

snack: less than 1/4 cup sharp cheddar

lunch: vegetable soup with tomato buillon

snack: all natural tortilla chips (crackers) with sour cream mixed with chipotle sauce

snack: strawberry shortbread cookies

snack: sausage link

dinner: healthy meatloaf (it called for 1 lb ground turkey and 1 lb ground beef, i only had 2 lbs beef and it had no flavor)frown miniand corn with mayo, butter and parmesan

water throughout the day

workouts: i did twists for waist while vacuuming, sweeping, helping/showing DD to clean counters and anything else we touch, squats while putting cord back on vacuum, up and downstairs all day, lunges while going up stairs

aztecqueen22
by Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 11:44 AM

so today i drank some water when i woke up, i did a yoga stretch then i tried doing this one push up version... i couldnt do it so i resorted to "girl" pushups... i couldnt even do that either.. i did do ten though.

M4LG5
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 12:05 PM

These are just my opinion.  I'm a work in progress and no expert but from what I can tell, it really looks like you have way too much sugar and carbohydrates. 

Have you ever logged into something like myfitnesspal to really see what you are doing?

Quoting aztecqueen22:

breakfast: lucky charms with 2% milk

lunch: medium mcdonalds fries (didnt finish all) and double cheeseburger

snack: almost 2 chocolate chip cookies from mcdonalds (gave piece to grams and niece)

dinner: cobb salad (i think its called); romaine lettuce, tomatoes, little bit of Kraft sharp cheddar, little bit of applewood smoked ham, little bit of kraft bold rustic italian dressing

snack: strawberry milkshake with 2% milk, couple big strawberries, few spoonfuls of store bought strawberry swirl ice cream

water through out the day ( i think my cup is 20 oz, i had about 4)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)