Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Did you do your workout?

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 9:57 AM
  • 16 Replies
What time of the day do you do your workout? I get mine done at night after my kids go to bed? I am in an accountability group so it keeps me motivated! Post when you do your workout and what is your motivation? Do you need an accountability partner?
by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 9:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mcginnisc
by Claire on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:42 AM
These days?
I don't...I am grounded for a while and have been down since April 18.
mybratsmom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Starting this week, and for the next three weeks, I have to work out after 2 due to my kids summer school schedule. Normally, I like to go to the gym around 730 in the morning so I know it's done and I don't have to worry about anything else getting in the way.

As for accountability, I'm pretty good about going on my own, although I would love to have a workout partner as I'm pretty competitive and I know I'd hate to let them "out do" me. 😊
momlovestorun
by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I work out in the morning.

Yes, I got my workout done this morning. 4.3 miles for class and then I will swim later.

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 11:33 AM
2 moms liked this

depends- when I do zumba, I go morning or evening or both on the same day...

now that I've moved though, I tend to do it in the late mornings

as far as accountability...that's pretty much on me. I don't rely on others to do my work outs with or anything. I just know I need to/ want to do it

bry36
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:24 PM

Most of the time I work out around 630 after work but still enough time to get stuff done at night after I am finished . I used to always want a workout partner or rely on others to met me at the gym ect .I just gave up on that yrs ago because everyone always seems to flake out or our schedules didn't mesh . I do try to go to 3 classes a week because I have to be there at a certain time so I don't try to just do it later or whatever .Plus I don't think I pushed myself as hard with other people because I would chat more than try to push hard enough not to be able to talk if I wanted to .

Mommy_Natural
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:27 PM
Lately; not enough. When my 3 month old sleeps I try to clean or sleep myself. Usually I work out in the morning before my shower, but it's been about a week since I worked out last.
fitnessfanatic7
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this
It is definitely hard finding time with a baby:) There were times I would prop by youngest on a boppy and workout in front of him. I have some great 30 minute videos that I do. Keep up the great work. Sometimes workouts can be a nice stress relief too.
Quoting Mommy_Natural: Lately; not enough. When my 3 month old sleeps I try to clean or sleep myself. Usually I work out in the morning before my shower, but it's been about a week since I worked out last.
fitnessfanatic7
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:01 PM
My accountability is with a challenge group through beachbody. I would probably do the same as you and talk too much if I was with someone!
Quoting bry36:

Most of the time I work out around 630 after work but still enough time to get stuff done at night after I am finished . I used to always want a workout partner or rely on others to met me at the gym ect .I just gave up on that yrs ago because everyone always seems to flake out or our schedules didn't mesh . I do try to go to 3 classes a week because I have to be there at a certain time so I don't try to just do it later or whatever .Plus I don't think I pushed myself as hard with other people because I would chat more than try to push hard enough not to be able to talk if I wanted to .

RKL10
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:02 PM
I need someone to keep me in check lol I think I worked out maybe once this year but I did climb a mountain last year not any famous ones but one in my area. I have gone up 4 sizes in like 4 months and I'm not proud of it at all :( things have changed a lot in our family so I think the stress did it to me
fitnessfanatic7
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:02 PM
That is a bummer. Hope u better soon!
Quoting mcginnisc: These days?
I don't...I am grounded for a while and have been down since April 18.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)