Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

headache and exhaustion after increasing water intake?

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 11:28 AM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this
Has anyone ever experienced this? I got back on the wagon and yesterday I increased my water intake to half my weight in ounces. Today I have a severe headache, nausea, and I am exhausted. I feel like I could sleep all day. Is this normal or is there something wrong with me?
by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
workgirl
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 11:47 AM

Exactly how many glasses did you drink?

calebsmommy05
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 11:52 AM
64 oz. I am 128 pounds and 64 is half.

Quoting workgirl:

Exactly how many glasses did you drink?

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jun. 25, 2014 at 12:16 PM

I wouldn't attribute it to increased water intake.  What else did you do yesterday?

bry36
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 12:32 PM

I wouldn't probably think it was your water intake. I know I used to get headaches from holding my breathe all the time which actually is a common thing a lot of people do  when they work out . But maybe you just happen to get a bad headache and its just a coincidence its after you increased your water intake .64 ounces is not really that much and if you are sweating a lot  when you are working out you may actually want to add more .Maybe you actually still are a bit dehydrated .64 oz is pretty standard as far as what anyone should have at a min, 8 8oz glasses .

Cherie74
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 12:45 PM

I wouldn't attribute to water, either. Did you drastically reduce your calories? That would seem a more likely culprit.

GoldenLinds
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 12:51 PM
Axtually I have experienced this. Read about adrenal fatigue. Have you been sick recently? Id talk to my odctor about some testing. There are ways to fix it butI dont remember right now. Adrenal fatigue. And iincreased water consumption will definitely exaggerate it if its a problem for you.
workgirl
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 3:28 PM

Maybe you should also look into a water filter it is always a good thing to know about your water source.

chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on Jun. 25, 2014 at 3:50 PM
Did you drastically change your diet? Or exercise excessively? More likely it's something like that not the water you drank.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momlovestorun
by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 4:08 PM

Did you cut out all of other drinks you would normally have and just have water?

Maybe you didn't get as much caffiene as you normally consume and that was causing the dragging feeling?

calebsmommy05
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 11:43 PM
I went for a walk, played with the kids and then went to work. Came home and went to bed.

Quoting michiganmom116:

I wouldn't attribute it to increased water intake.  What else did you do yesterday?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN