Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lunch/Dinner Ideas

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:46 AM
  • 7 Replies
Now that im going to Day shift and will be home every night to make an actual dinner I need some new ideas. I always shoot towards the same things. Often involving pasta, and trying to limit that as I'm trying to lose weight.

Please post recipes and even meal ideas. I can look up the recipe or even know how to make it just need NEW ideas.

Also those who meal plan, do you do it for the whole week or a couple days? How well do you stick to it?
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:52 AM

Here's this week's meal plan for us:

June 29 – July 5, 2014

Sunday:

breakfast – grain-free banana waffles, sausage, juice

lunch – chicken or ham salad on cucumber slices

dinner – pulled pork, coleslaw, taffy apple salad, strawberry pie (almond flour crust)

Monday:

dinner – artichoke chicken, glazed carrots, salad

Tuesday:

dinner – tacos, salad (or taco salad)

Wednesday:

dinner – grilled chicken legs, potato & peppers packets

Thursday:

dinner – crock pot meatloaf, green beans, apple fruit salad

Friday:

dinner – grilled sausage, cucumber salad, chips, deviled eggs, strawberry (grain-free) shortcake/ice cream

Saturday:

dinner – pizza, salad

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:55 AM

I plan for the whole week.  We stick to it very well unless I have too many leftovers crowding the fridge, then we may have a leftover smorgasbord night.

3kidz123
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:20 PM

Veggi wraps w/fruit for dessert or on the side

Whole grain personal sized flatbread pizza w/veggis and you can skip the cheese if you want less cal

stuffed peppers w/out cheese, ground turkey and brown rice

spaggehti squash w/home made spaggehti sauce or even a little olive oil and pepper

baked fish and veggis

mustard chicken and veggi side

lemon pepper chicken and veggi side

baked potato w/ salsa and carrot sticks w/ or w/out fruit for dessert.....

RyleighJane
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:22 PM
Thanks! Sounds good. Going to add some of these in. Alot of stuff I don't nornally look at but going to try!

Quoting michiganmom116:

I plan for the whole week.  We stick to it very well unless I have too many leftovers crowding the fridge, then we may have a leftover smorgasbord night.

RyleighJane
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks! Lots of bew things to try. Cant go without the cheese tho, im not that good at dieting! ;)

Quoting 3kidz123:

Veggi wraps w/fruit for dessert or on the side

Whole grain personal sized flatbread pizza w/veggis and you can skip the cheese if you want less cal

stuffed peppers w/out cheese, ground turkey and brown rice

spaggehti squash w/home made spaggehti sauce or even a little olive oil and pepper

baked fish and veggis

mustard chicken and veggi side

lemon pepper chicken and veggi side

baked potato w/ salsa and carrot sticks w/ or w/out fruit for dessert.....

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Rhonda is the queen of meal planning, LOL. I plan breakfast and lunch, because I, alone, eat those and I don't mind eating the same thing over and over again.

For breakfast every day I eat 2 eggs, however I feel like eating them, and drink 2 cups of coffee. I take a 24oz fresh fruit and kale shake with me on the way to work. I make tea based blends, not milk based. My current favorite is Serenity Guava Goddess kombucha tea mixed with frozen tropical fruit and 1 heaping cup of chopped kale. 

My mid-morning snack is either a tablespoon of almond butter or an Atkins protein bar. Yes, I eat almond butter by the spoon-ful. I love it. 

For lunch I make a salad of kale, spinach and swiss chard, and top it with miniature heirloom tomatoes, cucumbers, lots of chopped chicken or turkey, and this time of year, strawberries. I eat the salad with a can of Amy's Organic soup.

My mid-afternoon snack is usually a Kind bar: dark chocolate, almond, and sea salt. 

I eat cheese too, I can't live without it. You don't have to drop cheese to drop weight. Cheese, especially hard cheese, is essentially carb-less. By the time cheese becomes cheese, most if not all, of the lactose is gone so it's not really technically dairy any longer. 

I eat full fat, full flavor foods and don't count calories. I don't have any problems with hunger or binging. I also don't eat carbs at dinner, at least not if I can help it. I just ate lunch and it was a slightly under-ripe extra-large avocado seasoned with salt and pepper. I followed it with a home-made Paleo brownie that was delicious. 

TheLadyCash
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:15 PM

I do plan, it helps me stay organized and on track.

Some of the things I've done recently are switch to brown rice, whole grain pasta, and incorporating sweet potatoes (rather than white) more.

Here's a sample week:

Baked chicken breast (herbs, lemon, garlic), brown rice, black eyed peas

Pork loin, whole grain mac n cheese (homemade w/low fat cheese), broccoli

Baked fish, stuffed bell peppers (with low fat cheese, no meat. brown rice/corn/tomatoes/onions)

Chicken and dumplings, corn on the cob, peas

Pork loin stir fry over whole grain noodles

Turkey chili (with black and red kidney beans)

Morningstar Farms Best Grillers Burgers with sweet potato fries

We always have fruit on hand for dessert. I love vanilla or pina colada yogurt with bananas, strawberries and pineapple tidbits in it. I will also serve this over low fat/sugar cake too.

Oatmeal or low sugar cereal for breakfast, eggs any way, fruit, whole grain toast/muffin or bagel.

Lunch is usually a sandwich on whole grain bread with low fat cheese, tuna salad (light mayo), or leftovers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)