Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Say whaaa

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:08 PM
  • 4 Replies
Okay so I'm still figuring this out. I used to have this workout routine at my old gym. I would do "Body pump" which was a weight lifting class then "aqua robics" class which was filled with elderly folks . I found water exercise helped with filling sore the next day, from my weight lifting. Now that I'm looking to getting back into working out. I'm curious if I should do weight lifting in the beginning.. I've heard rumors that weight lifting before your targeted weight can cause you to stay big, but just be firm. Is this true? I feel so uninformed, how do start, please help.
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:31 PM
4 moms liked this
Huge myth that weight lifting causes you to get big. Lifting causes you to gain muscle which burns fat more effective. It actually helps you to lose weight... but flip side I would also remember that the scale is a number. Muscle looks much different than fat on your body...and the scale only shows part of the picture.
almburr
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:10 PM

Ive never heard that rumor.  From what I understand weightlifting will help burn more fat that cardio alone. You will build lean muscle mass  while bunring fat.

MommyJill87
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 7:25 AM
1 mom liked this
I love weight lifting. I hate the myth it'll only make you huge.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 30, 2014 at 7:40 AM

Ada has the right idea.  Good luck mama!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)