Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Running shoes and work out clothes.

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2014 at 6:33 AM
  • 18 Replies

I need some recommendations for some good running shoes. I have a big foot and wide width. I am not opposed to men shoes either , thst is what I have now. 

I also wanted to know how many different work out clothes do you have? When I was younger and really was working out alot I had alot of different options because it just gave me an excuse to clothes shop. I can't fit into those work out clothes md gave slot of those away so now I am bought some but not sure if I should slowly buy more or just stick with what I got and just clean them more often. 

Thanks, 

by on Jul. 1, 2014 at 6:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BrownEyedGirl86
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 6:39 AM
I am lookin for good running shoes as well so bump on that.

As for work out clothes.
I have 2 shorts (my go to shorts) and 3 tanks 3 sports bras.
I need more of all of them. But i work out at home so I don't care if I match lol. (I am thinking I may start going to the gym again. When that happens I'll probably get more lol)
Flylady14
by Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 6:40 AM

I bought a pair of shorts that were way too short for right now. I might just stick to my yoga pants and longer shorts. 

Flylady14
by Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 6:41 AM

Yes I need a good sports bra. 

mcginnisc
by Claire on Jul. 1, 2014 at 7:52 AM

Clothes? Go for comfort...I like sweat wicking material personally. 

Shoes- This is not a one size fits all query. I can't answer this for you as it is impossible to answer. Everyone on the planet has a different walking and running gait. Therefore, you need to go to a running store and be fitted for shoes. They will analyze your stance, walking gait and many stores how you run as well. Then, they will show you the shoes that are made for how you run. You will try on several different pairs until you find 2 that you like the best. Then, you will most likely wear one of each and run in them and decide from there which is best. Cost of good running shoes are typically around $100-$125. They need to be replaced about every 500-600 miles. :-) 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Jul. 1, 2014 at 7:52 AM
I have three pair of merrells...one pair for sprinting, one for lifting I call them my deadlifting pair, and another for running. I also have a pair of Asics that are my trail running sneakers. I would suggest trying a runners store to get fitted for the right sneaker. You can get recommendations on brand etc and always look and buy somewhere else cheaper. When I started working out I used ubderarmor sports bras... now I have smaller boobies and I just buy some from Walmart or Target. Workout clothes I have a ton.... I started out with old tee shirts and built up my wardrobe. I shop at target, old navy, TJ max, ross, forever 21... whatever is on sale. I also turn my old tee shirts into racer back tank tops.
JanuaryBaby06
by Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 7:23 PM

i have 1 track jacket, 2 pairs of work out pants (but one is really old and in bad shape), 2 sports bras, 5 running shirts with bras in them, 6 shirts I got from races that I'll wear, 4 running shorts, 1 pair of running sneaks, and another pair for everything else.

biancalina20
by Bianca on Jul. 1, 2014 at 11:10 PM
I'd love to see your tees turned into tanks!!!!

Quoting JerseyAirGurl: I have three pair of merrells...one pair for sprinting, one for lifting I call them my deadlifting pair, and another for running. I also have a pair of Asics that are my trail running sneakers. I would suggest trying a runners store to get fitted for the right sneaker. You can get recommendations on brand etc and always look and buy somewhere else cheaper. When I started working out I used ubderarmor sports bras... now I have smaller boobies and I just buy some from Walmart or Target. Workout clothes I have a ton.... I started out with old tee shirts and built up my wardrobe. I shop at target, old navy, TJ max, ross, forever 21... whatever is on sale. I also turn my old tee shirts into racer back tank tops.
risaspieces
by New Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 11:23 PM
I love my brooks shoes. My mom loves hers as well, she has to buy men's shoes because of her foot size and shape.

For work out clothes I have a lot of tanks ( I exercise outside and live in Texas)- some are moisture wicking others are just lightweight, one lightweight long sleeve hoodie, a ton of shorts. I love my compression shorts that are just above my knee. I shop a lot at Academy.

I buy my sports bras at Kohls though- I love the fila ones they carry and they have them in large sizes. I'm sure there's better ones out there, but not a lot of options in my area.
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Jul. 1, 2014 at 11:40 PM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

The red tee shirt was new tee shirt that I cut up since it's hot and humid here... The blue one was an old tee shirt from like middle school that I cut up.

Quoting biancalina20: I'd love to see your tees turned into tanks!!!!

Quoting JerseyAirGurl: I have three pair of merrells...one pair for sprinting, one for lifting I call them my deadlifting pair, and another for running. I also have a pair of Asics that are my trail running sneakers. I would suggest trying a runners store to get fitted for the right sneaker. You can get recommendations on brand etc and always look and buy somewhere else cheaper. When I started working out I used ubderarmor sports bras... now I have smaller boobies and I just buy some from Walmart or Target. Workout clothes I have a ton.... I started out with old tee shirts and built up my wardrobe. I shop at target, old navy, TJ max, ross, forever 21... whatever is on sale. I also turn my old tee shirts into racer back tank tops.
NHGal
by on Jul. 1, 2014 at 11:57 PM

Mobile Photo

Im also of the large and wide foot group. I recommend going to a running store to try out shoes. My trainer recommended a couple of shoes for me and I love them. I have a pair of Sauconys that are street/treadmill running. I have 2 pair of salamons that are for trail running. Picture included
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)