Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Getting On Track

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2014 at 9:08 AM
  • 4 Replies

My baby is 3 months old and I am wanting to start to be healthy again. I'm a stay at home mom with no help during the day and little help in the evening. Do any of you have tips or motivation to help me get started on this journey? 

Anything from excersices I can do with my son to quick meals to just get off my ass and do it ;)

by on Jul. 1, 2014 at 9:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
M4LG5
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 6:05 PM
1 mom liked this

A little at a time.  STart small....anything you like to do....for a duration that you feel comfortable.  I like walking and just did that.  I ended up adding more time.  And now I also see things on my walk and add more exercises.  For example, I see steps and I do planks from the bottom 3 steps.  I also do wall push ups from a tree.  Stuff like this.

Start small then add more time or more activities or more intensity.  You'll get there. 

mybratsmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Look up mom and baby exercises. You can jump rope for cardio. Wearing your baby can help keep your hands free - I have a friend that wears hers when she trains. She keeps it simple with squats, lunges and dumb bell exercises. You'd think "oh that's easy" but she's a beast - she can do 15 pull-ups wearing her almost 1 year old.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 2, 2014 at 7:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome and congrats!  Start small and work your way up.  Going for walks is a great thing to do with a little one.  Veggies, fruits, meats, little to no processed food is a great start as well.  Good luck!

ripemango
by Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 1:18 AM
1 mom liked this

quick meal in AM: oatmeal, eggs, and blueberries.

Then put that baby in the stroller and go for a walk. I actually kind of miss those times having a little one to push around.

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)