Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Planning for tomorrow's holiday

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 9:17 AM
  • 10 Replies

With all of the activities and food treats that are sure to be part of the 4th of July celebrations, are you planning to keep it healthy or are you going to just let it be a cheat day?

by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 9:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 3, 2014 at 9:18 AM

Our town has a 5K run/walk, but I won't be in it this year.  I'll be doing enough walking to get from parking area to the parade route.

After that, it'll be a mix of a cheat day/healthy day when it comes to eating.

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Jul. 3, 2014 at 10:41 AM
Turkey burgers and veggies are on my meal plan... sticking with a clean diet but I also am doing intermittent fasting. I'm with family all trying to lose weight for a wedding next month so it's not that hard this holiday.
TheLadyCash
by Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 12:14 PM

We'll probably have hot dogs (low fat ones for me) and homemade seasoned potato wedges (baked) with watermelon for dessert. Dh has to work 5p-5a graveyard, so we're keeping it simple.

Ds and I will go with MIL to Jekyll Island for fireworks later that evening.

iwasbillpardy
by New Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 1:49 PM
Healthy! I got really great recipes! A 450 cal meal: BBQ pulled pork sandwiches, no mayo cole slaw, corn on the cob for dinner
For lunch we are going to the beach and having shrimp and kale caesar salad

I might workout extra hard and allow myself an ice cream cone during fireworks :)
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 3, 2014 at 2:45 PM

We are grilling burgers and sausage...that's all we have planned for right now but it will probably be on Saturday instead of tomorrow.

bry36
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 3:23 PM

I am making BBQ'd Rosemary chicken kabobs a cucumber greek yogurt salad nothing over the top DH has to work and my other family is all out of town this yr so not going to over due it 

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Jul. 3, 2014 at 4:07 PM
We're going camping, so it will be lots of burgers with no buns and Atkins bars for me.
MommyJill87
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 12:23 AM
Dh family is having a BBQ Really just want to stay home. I'm making a "safe" sweet potato dish. They said they'll have salad but we will see.
kidslovemom
by Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 8:55 AM

We are invited to two parties, one fri and one sat.  I just woke up and my husband is walking the dog andi thought to myself I could call him and ask him to stop for bagels but then I thought today is the fourth and you'll be eating enough calories btw the two parties that bagel is not good plan, so I didn't.  That's how I will be handling the fourth, thoughtful eating around the parties and we are bringing bean salad and low cal beer to both.  Will fill up on the bean salad and have a few yummies at each, if I really want them.

sheila5050
by Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 11:30 AM
I have family in town for a bit so I've hard a couple not great days. Yesterday was the worst. But I'm exercising this morning and going on a hike.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)