Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

where to find time?

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:44 PM
  • 10 Replies
So, last summer I had a personal trainer and I lost a lot of weight and was feeling really good about myself, then in April I don't know why, I started eating more and exercising alot less and I have gained 10lbs since mid April...
Now I am working full time again and school starts full time next month and I have 2 little ones at home... where can I squeeze in exercise? I figure I can get up earlier, but then I'd be losing out on sleep and sleep is just as Important... any advise?
by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:56 PM
1 mom liked this

HIIT can be done in 15 to 20 minute intervals.  If you've got time to be on CM or you have a lunch break, do it then.

mkmb129
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 12:36 AM
Don't find it, make it. You know your life and schedule best. If you don't have lots of time then your diet needs to be clean and on track. 10 minutes here and there if need be. I'll walk circles around the playground at the park while my kids play if my miles are low for the day. I can easily get 3 miles in that way. You make time.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 8, 2014 at 4:55 AM

Yep...I agree with these ladies.  Good luck!

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Jul. 8, 2014 at 8:12 AM

You have to MAKE time, you'll never just find it. 

I sound like a broken record here sometimes, but I work full time with about 2 hours of round-trip commute in traffic. I'm also a full-time student, my child is involved in lots of extra-curricular activities, I have hobbies that have deadlines, and I'm still required to do the Mom stuff of cooking, cleaning, yadda yadda yadda. I still carve out 25-30 minutes a day to work out. Sometimes that is a struggle, sometimes dinner is late, sometimes the dishes don't get done and the laundry piles up, but that stuff can wait. 

mommy_Lizz91
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 1:14 AM

I personally I am a stay at home mom, but I have a 2 month old and 14-month old so it's hard to find time since I don't have any baby siters or help during the day.  I know if I want to workout extra during the day I workout during their naps (if they take one at the same time) but my husband and I started T-25 by BeachBody.  It's only 25 minutes, very intense, and you can feel it!! I think It'll be a great investment!  My youngest was born in April and I have 82 pounds to lose, so your 10-pounds...hopefully that makes you feel a little but better :):)

SparklyCoffee
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this

I wake up before anyone else to get my workout done in the morning. It is the only time I KNOW I can fit it in. If I wait until the afternoon/evening I know I will have a harder time getting it done. 

.Peaches.
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 7:26 PM

If you go to bed earlier, you'll be able to make up for the lost time if you have to end up working out early- I had to do it that way when I was in school 3 years ago. I agree with the other ladies, you have to make the time to do it. Squeeze it in wherever you can, in 15 min intervals if you have to.

Right now, I work out it the evenings. When my kids go back to school next month, I'll probably have to do it in the AM, either before or after I walk them to the bus stop.

LillysMom12
by Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 11:08 AM
Same here, the longer I wait in the day the less motivation I have!

Quoting SparklyCoffee:

I wake up before anyone else to get my workout done in the morning. It is the only time I KNOW I can fit it in. If I wait until the afternoon/evening I know I will have a harder time getting it done. 

luvhubandbabys
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 10:45 PM
just do it. wake up early you will be tired and go to bed earlier. even if you just manage 3 or 4 x a week. or do it at night...
la_bella_vita
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 12:11 AM

This for me too : ) 

Quoting SparklyCoffee:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN