Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Mommy 240pounds trying to lose 80

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 5:41 AM
  • 54 Replies
I'm 22yrs old and gained about 80 pounds after I became pregnant and had my daughter about 3 years ago. I have been struggling trying to lose this weight and stick to a workout and diet buy I feel like I'm walking into a dark room everytime I do this. I've never had training or classes on how to diet or exercise so stepping into a gym is always overwhelming. I think going to a personal trainer would be ideal to learn what kind of workouts and meals are suitable for ME and MY goal. But I started work have 2 (very clingy) daughters a husband and a household to keep up and I feel as though I literally have no time for myself. Any advise from moms who are on top of fitness?
by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 5:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyJill87
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 7:58 AM
2 moms liked this
You have to MAKE the time. Think of it as an appointment you have to keep. I have 4 momma's girls , they HATE when I go to the gym but I told them it's healthy for me to go, it helps me be a happier, calmer mommy.

Take some time and google clean eating, plant based diet, healthy food swaps ect. Educate yourself :

Start with walking, doing push-ups, crunches , lunges at home anytime you can squeeze some in.

Good Luck.
fitmomtanya
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 8:34 AM
When I started I kind of fell off right away Because I was so overwhelmed with kids, husband, and a household to run, but then I decided if I was going to lose the weight and get healthy FOR my kids then I needed to make time. I found that working out in the mornings when my kids were sleeping was best. Then I could focus 100% on it. Also eating healthy wise, I just cut out all the junk in my home. My kids love fruits and veggies so that helps immensely. Since my separation from my husband and living in a smaller place the cleaning and keeping things tidy has been easier as well. If you feel a personal trainer is best then by all means go for it!
mommy1234242
by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 9:56 AM
Thanks so much that actually gave me an idea to go in the mornings. And yeah I'm starting to get ainset of not just doing this for me but also for my family

Quoting fitmomtanya: When I started I kind of fell off right away Because I was so overwhelmed with kids, husband, and a household to run, but then I decided if I was going to lose the weight and get healthy FOR my kids then I needed to make time. I found that working out in the mornings when my kids were sleeping was best. Then I could focus 100% on it. Also eating healthy wise, I just cut out all the junk in my home. My kids love fruits and veggies so that helps immensely. Since my separation from my husband and living in a smaller place the cleaning and keeping things tidy has been easier as well. If you feel a personal trainer is best then by all means go for it!
mommy1234242
by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 9:59 AM
Thanks! I feel like my body also is getting tired of the weight. Mentally I'm over it as well and ready to make a change so I need to stop procrastinating and set my mind up.i can do it

Quoting MommyJill87: You have to MAKE the time. Think of it as an appointment you have to keep. I have 4 momma's girls , they HATE when I go to the gym but I told them it's healthy for me to go, it helps me be a happier, calmer mommy.

Take some time and google clean eating, plant based diet, healthy food swaps ect. Educate yourself :

Start with walking, doing push-ups, crunches , lunges at home anytime you can squeeze some in.

Good Luck.
Liz132
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 10:07 AM
Working on you diet will improve the health of the whole family. That's something you can do for all of you. Gyms just aren't for me but I love working out outdoors. You need to find exercise that you enjoy. If you want to use a gym get the personal trainer to teach you until you feel ready to do it on your own.
almburr
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this
How tall are you?

It's very important to take measurments.

Remember it will take time to loose fat.
To loose weight you must change your eating habits. Also so you don't run yourself ragged by making two meals, change everyone's eating habits. You must eat well to be well.

One of the best ways to loose fat is by adding in weightlifting.

I work out six days a week and never get bored of it. Right now I'm working out at home and have lost over 14inches in 30days. But only 5lbs. I'm not a fan of the scale or BMI. I do hit the schools weightroom more often in the school year.

I have five kiddos and a hubby so I know what it is like to have to meet their demands. But you must make yourself priority number 1! You must be happy and healthy to care for your family.

Everyone can find 30min a day. Get the kids and hubby to help meal plan. There are great options for eating well that kids will like.
BrownEyedGirl86
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this

take it one step at a time - Ipersonally work on eating better.  Once I feel like I have that under control I then start working out.  when you start working out take that one step at a time. SLOW start with walks and light things sit ups push ups...

nurse1997
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 12:11 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi doll..... Dont think of the huge number do it in 20's and it will make it easier to lose so you dont get over welmed. Go online you can find quick easy work outs you can do right in your living room and get started you dont need a trainer .

mommy1234242
by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 1:01 PM
Thanks so much for the support :)

Quoting nurse1997:

Hi doll..... Dont think of the huge number do it in 20's and it will make it easier to lose so you dont get over welmed. Go online you can find quick easy work outs you can do right in your living room and get started you dont need a trainer .

nurse1997
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 1:56 PM

Stay off the scale it will only discourage you ....Walk  at least 4 days a week,eat clean, stay between 1200 and 1400 calories a day  and you will lose 1 to 2 pounds a week !!!!  Low fat snacks- pickles, veggies, jello.popcorn, limit your fruit it has alot of sugar in them no more than 2  a day. If you have to eat out all places have lower calorie food on he menus now  . PLAN YOUR DAY WHEN IT COMES TO FOOD - KEEP A FEW SNACKS IN THE CAR SO YOU DON'T CHEAT!   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN