Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

New Body, Lots more to Love

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 1:09 AM
  • 6 Replies

I have been pregnant twice in the past two years.  I have a 14 month old and a 2 month old whom I love dearly.  With my first pregnanct I gained 92 pounds!  I still have 82 pounds to lose!! I used to weigh 132 and now I weight 217.  When i look at recent pictures of myself I can't recognize the girl in the picture.  I am embarressed to be around my husband, my family and my friends.  I used to workout 6-days a week, wear dresses/skirts/heels 90% of the time and I miss that!  Now I am in maternity wear being self-conscious!  Its hard getting going in the morning because of my looks.  I used to take pride in my looks and I used to be a role model and trend starter in both high school and college.  But   now-I sit back and try to hide away.  I can't wait to be me again-but I have a LONG journey ahead of me.  My measurements now are 43.25-40.5-48.5.  This is truly personal-but I am putting myself out there and about to head on a long journey to my old body.  Until Next time xoxo

by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 1:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Simplemamma4
by New Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 1:21 AM
1 mom liked this
We are in a similar boat I was 220 when I came home with my twins was 136 before my first pregnancy. I know just how you feel about going out. I'm now at 158 and my goal is 128. Good luck on your journey and we will be here if we need support we are here
mommy_Lizz91
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 1:27 AM

Oh my goodness!  It's a bitter sweet to say "YAY"!  I don't know anyone who have kids and went through pregnancy.  This past weekend my youngest sister (18) downed me about my weight.  She called me names because before I was pregnant 5'10" at 135-she thought was too thin, and now I'm at the complete other side!  It sounds like you have a ton of progress!  So congrats on your weight loss!!!

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Jul. 9, 2014 at 7:21 AM

It's not about becomming the "old you" again. I'm very sorry, but that isn't possible. You are not the "old you", and you never will be again. You have to learn to love yourself, the "new you". I'm not saying you can't lose weight and look great, of course you can! What I am saying is that setting yourself up to look the way you did 2 children and 90 plus pounds ago is just going to frustrate and disappoint you. It isn't physically possible for you to look the exact same way.

Pregnancy changes too much, your hips have shifted, your breasts have engorged, you'll have some extra skin, your muscle memory is blown, your skin may have stretchmarks. Make your goal to be the best "new you" that you can be, and throw out the idea that you are working towards the "old you". Who knows, you may like the "new you" even better than the girl in the pictures. Good luck!

mommy_Lizz91
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 7:57 AM
Very true! What I should've said is I want to be confident again and love my body and not be embarrassed :) :) longggg journey ahead
mommy_Lizz91
by Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 6:07 PM
1 mom liked this
So today I started training for my first 5k!! It kicked my butt but I finished the routine!! My legs are deff feeling it right now lol but I feel really good. I followed my healthy eating regimine and completed all my workouts. I have one more session to go tonight with my husband.
emtgirl885
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 6:08 PM
You can do it!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN