Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Tiff's exercise post after surgery

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:05 AM
  • 26 Replies
Last year I weighed 230 pounds. This April I weighed 180 and then I had my tonsils removed. It was a tough recovery but I started exercising again yesterday. I walked 3 miles and did 100 crunches. Today I walked 3 miles and did 100 crunches.

No more soda or fast food. Not being able to eat for 55 days made me go out of my mind. I now weigh 172 pounds. My goal is to get to 135 pounds. Hopefully I can do it by next summer.
by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
youllneverknow
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 7:05 AM
Why couldn't you eat for 55 days?????
imakehimscream
by Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 9:22 AM
Day 3 I walked 5 miles and 100 crunches
imakehimscream
by Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 9:27 AM
I have a condition called bifid uvula. My surgeon didn't tell me that before he did the surgery. I knew something was wrong after the surgery. My dh kept calling and telling them something was wrong. I couldn't really swallow. The only thing I could drink was water and that went up my nose. I went to a new ent and he told me what was wrong. He put me on steroids and bactrim.

Quoting youllneverknow: Why couldn't you eat for 55 days?????
youllneverknow
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 3:22 PM
OMG. That's crazy! I'm glad you finally got diagnosed correctly!

Quoting imakehimscream: I have a condition called bifid uvula. My surgeon didn't tell me that before he did the surgery. I knew something was wrong after the surgery. My dh kept calling and telling them something was wrong. I couldn't really swallow. The only thing I could drink was water and that went up my nose. I went to a new ent and he told me what was wrong. He put me on steroids and bactrim.

imakehimscream
by Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 3:25 PM
Me too after I started taking the meds I could eat and drink again. Now it's time for me to get back to exercising

Quoting youllneverknow: OMG. That's crazy! I'm glad you finally got diagnosed correctly!

Quoting imakehimscream: I have a condition called bifid uvula. My surgeon didn't tell me that before he did the surgery. I knew something was wrong after the surgery. My dh kept calling and telling them something was wrong. I couldn't really swallow. The only thing I could drink was water and that went up my nose. I went to a new ent and he told me what was wrong. He put me on steroids and bactrim.

youllneverknow
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 3:30 PM
Well your off to a great start, you've got this!

Quoting imakehimscream: Me too after I started taking the meds I could eat and drink again. Now it's time for me to get back to exercising

Quoting youllneverknow: OMG. That's crazy! I'm glad you finally got diagnosed correctly!

JaniceWagner
by on Jul. 11, 2014 at 5:08 AM

Why didn't your surgeon tell about this condition? Anyway good result. Try to maintain this result by doing regular exercise and dieting. I had gone for liposuction surgery last year. It was Dr.Frank Lista who did my surgery and gave all advice about how to maintain the results. Choosing the right cosmetic surgeon is the most difficult task. Without knowing anything about surgeon, you shouldn't make any decision.

imakehimscream
by Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Day 4 walked 5 miles did 100 crunches
Vertical15
by Vanessa on Jul. 11, 2014 at 12:49 PM

How did you get from 230 under 200?  Thats my current goal byu the end of the year.  I'm right at 230 now and STRUGGLING!

I hope you can reach your goal, too!  I'm glad you've finally healed and are able to eat and drink now.

imakehimscream
by Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 3:13 PM
I cut out junk food, fast food, exercised, didn't eat after 7 and all I drank was water

Quoting Vertical15:

How did you get from 230 under 200?  Thats my current goal byu the end of the year.  I'm right at 230 now and STRUGGLING!

I hope you can reach your goal, too!  I'm glad you've finally healed and are able to eat and drink now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)