Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Do you think that dropping soda benefits weight loss?

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:34 AM
  • 20 Replies

I am curious to see what you think about this.  TIA.  I have gone two weeks without soda -- mainly drinking iced tea, coffee and water. 

by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Octobersmom
by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:35 AM

Yes.  There are a lot of calories and soda.  I don't drink diet because I went through aspartame poisoning and that is no fun.

PeachQuean
by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:40 AM

YES,

I stopped drinking 10/12 cans of pepsi a day and started loosing pounds like instantly. 

I know only drink ginger ale, and not a lot of it either. 

Also dropping my coffee consumption helped too. 

cherkahn1
by New Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this
As my dad would say, "does a bear sh*t in the woods?"

Of course it will help weight loss. It is basically a cup of sugar and chemicals.
Beautifulmom513
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:42 AM
No. Not for me anyways. I dropped soda quite a few years back and it had no effect on my weight whatsoever.
Megan214
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:44 AM
Yes it does. Regular soda has a lot
Of calories. I use to drink my daily intake in soda, no joke. I switched to diet sodas and lost weight like crazy. I still need to cut back on the diet sodas though. :/ It's my only vice. D:
Liz132
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:45 AM

If the iced tea is the sweetened flavored stuff it's going to have as many calories and as much sugar as the soda. If the iced tea is unsweetened, than yes you will probably lose some from cutting the soda depending on how much you were drinking.  

lanceandhailey
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:45 AM

Absolutely. I dropped soda and drink a cup or two of black coffee in the morning and around 100 ounces of water the rest of the day, combined with healthy eating. 

Now I can have a cheat day and eat bad food and not gain weight the next day, but if I have a soda I will!

Drinking water all the time has actually ruined soda for me lol ):

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Jennyanne322
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:48 AM
Yes, my brother lost 35lbs in 4 months after dropping soda. I lost 25lbs in about 5 months after dropping soda and cutting other crap out. My aunt lost 40lbs switching to diet. She drinks soda and only soda all day long.
And ice tea isn't much better for you, unless you make it yourself and don't put sugar in it. Use lemon and orange to add flavor and sweetness.
fitmomtanya
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 10:12 AM
Yes it does. Soda is just plain no good period.
happynewyorker
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 10:17 AM

Yes, I'm a big soda/pop drinking at work.  It's free. :)

A couple of years ago, I gave up soda/pop and didn't drink it for about 2 years.  I didn't lose weight, but I had maintained it. 

A couple of years ago, I'd started drinking soda/pop again and gained weight.  I was drinking 2 or 3 cans in the morning, only at work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN