Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Do your kids join you?

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2014 at 1:33 PM
  • 16 Replies

I went for a run earlier today at park on the running path. My son will usually play at the playground that is inside the running path. It is designed this way so parents who are running can have eyes on their kids at all times while they are playing.
Anyway today he decided he wanted to run with me. Im not very fast so he could easily keep up with me. We talked as we ran (read jogged) and it was just nice to have my son interested in exercising with me. 

Do your kiddos ever join you in working out or exercising?

by on Jul. 16, 2014 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ballerina18
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 1:40 PM

I prefer to take workout classes. The studio where I take fitness classes offer child activities at the same time as the adult classes. So, my dd takes a hip-hop class while I attend yoga or barre classes. Otherwise, we will do familiy activities together (biking, swimming, roller-blading). When I go to the gym I go alone.

Cherie74
by Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 1:47 PM

Sometimes. I wish my kids would more often. They are both skinny as can be, but my son's into many sports and my daughter dances. They could both use cardio and strength training. Not to say they aren't active, but they don't really get into what I do. My daughter likes to stretch with me, though. (Just so she can show off how flexible she is compared to me, lol!) My daughter will also ride her bike when I run, but she has to ride so slow, I don't think it's benefiting her much. Hehe.

Reina13
by Reina on Jul. 16, 2014 at 1:56 PM

I love that your gym has activities for the kids at the same time as your classes. That sounds like a good gym.

Quoting ballerina18:

I prefer to take workout classes. The studio where I take fitness classes offer child activities at the same time as the adult classes. So, my dd takes a hip-hop class while I attend yoga or barre classes. Otherwise, we will do familiy activities together (biking, swimming, roller-blading). When I go to the gym I go alone.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 16, 2014 at 2:03 PM

My DD and I work out together, walk together, jog together, swim together.

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Jul. 16, 2014 at 2:24 PM
My son is almost 2 and I do my runs pushing him in a jogging stroller. When I do yoga he tries to copy and it's really cute.
twyliatepeka
by Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 2:42 PM

my daughter (7) loves to go with me. She likes to run or even just walk.

mamacalifornia
by on Jul. 16, 2014 at 6:20 PM

We are members of the YMCA and my kids are old enough to be in one of the workout rooms so they workout with me, we also walk and bike

cc5112
by Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 9:22 PM

No.My son is only 2 and he is sleeping in the early morning when I work out. 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 18, 2014 at 5:40 AM

My son runs around all day:)

bellydancer1984
by New Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 6:13 AM

sometimes they do...my 2 year old likes to try to do yoga with me and my  year old likes to run..the 8 year old doesn't have much interest but he is pretty active on his own. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)