Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

How do I get past this??

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 9:27 AM
  • 5 Replies

I have lost a total of about 45 lbs since my heaviest weight - I can fit into a size 6 or 8 (depending on the brand).  But, I still have what I consider "trouble areas" - primarily my upper and lower abs - that's what I get for having 2 kids.  My mom keeps telling me I am beautiful and that I look great (that's a mom's job, right?), and that my self-doubt VS being happy with my accomplishments is unwarrented.  But, how do you get past that?

by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 9:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Firespirit13
by Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 9:34 AM

After loosing 260 lbs and having loose skin hanging around my middle it took me a long time to accept it and think of myself as pretty.  You have to have the confidence in yourself to stop picking at your little flaws we all have them and if you are happy with your weight and where you are now then you have to be happy with it all look at your loose skin (or what ever your belly area) as a badge of honor that you have come so far and you have 2 kids not as a curse .  Self confidence is a hard thing especially in  a world where advertising focuses on a slim never stretched out mannequin body type.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Jul. 17, 2014 at 9:58 AM
You can always look into a tuck to remove the excess skin if it really and truly bothers you. It's expensive, but that loose skin is just kind of a hard fact of life otherwise.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 18, 2014 at 5:36 AM

Congrats on your weight loss mama!  

ablox
by Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 10:04 AM
You have a great mom. My mom never says anything that nice to me
luvmysunny
by New Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:43 PM

Is it loose skin, or that pooch? Pilates helped me with my back problems, and the happy extra was that the pooch went away and I could touch my toes for the first time in my life. 

And while you should be proud of your weight loss, don't let someone discount your feelings. Accepting your feelings, even when they are not happy, is part of the process of accepting yourself. 

When I notice I have flaws, I have my sad moment, then I see if I can change it (realistically). If I can, I follow that path; if I cannot, I find what I have to do to accept my flaw. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)