Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Anyone had this issue?

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 8:22 AM
  • 9 Replies
I have ran three days in a row and today it feels like my sciatic nerve on each side is pinched. I am using ice, icy hot and tylonal and not running today.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 8:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mes_deux_amours
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:50 PM
My mom has to do floor stretches when her sciatic nerve acts up. She says they're painful at first but really help
lapcounter
by Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 1:20 PM
I did some different stretches and it seemed to help them back in place.

Quoting mes_deux_amours: My mom has to do floor stretches when her sciatic nerve acts up. She says they're painful at first but really help
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Jul. 18, 2014 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this
The cobra and the cat stretches can really help with that. sciatic nerve pain is not fun. Hope you feel better soon. :)
Firespirit13
by Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Floor stretches are the best for that area I have a ruptured disc in the bottom of my back so trying to get those muscles to stretch can be hard but they really can help take the pain away and get things feeling better.

ripemango
by Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:56 AM

running on pavement? maybe need new or different shoes?

when you think about it, you are are pounding and jolting your back w every step when jogging. really good fitting sports bra, properly fitted shoes, and correct posture may be the culprit....or it could just be your body saying give me a break lady!

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

lapcounter
by Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 1:04 PM
I think it was telling me I needed a break lol.

Quoting ripemango:

running on pavement? maybe need new or different shoes?

when you think about it, you are are pounding and jolting your back w every step when jogging. really good fitting sports bra, properly fitted shoes, and correct posture may be the culprit....or it could just be your body saying give me a break lady!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:35 PM

Pilates and yoga help my back pain. My nerves were damaged during childbirth with my second. 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 20, 2014 at 4:59 PM

These ladies have some good advice...good luck!

bry36
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 1:25 PM

yep I have sciatic issues usually only time and or getting adjusted from my chiro helps 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)