Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Failed weight loss surgery... now what I'm doing

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 2:51 AM
  • 13 Replies

Well it's been 14 months since I had vertical sleeve gastrectomy. For those of you who don't know which surgery that is it's the one where they remove your stomach except for a piece that is the size of  half a banana. You would THINK that I would have lost the 100 extra pounds that i  had to loose with a stomach that size but guess what.... I lost 50 lbs and gained 10 of it back. I have been so depressed and so many bad things are happening in my life. A weird coincidence happened to me today. Iwas on a search site looking for work and found a work at home job. It's legit, can you imagine? a real live legit work from home job!!! I am so excited I could scream!!! My crew leader is really nice and talked to me for over two hours on the phone this evening. ANd the kicker is that it's for a health company SOOOOO maybe I can get my weight loss kick started again. Man girls, if you are thinking about surgery do everything in your power to try loosing it on your own first because IF it fails you have no idea how bad it hurts and how bad it frustrates you when you don't see the success everyone else has. I'm not saying everyone goes through what I'm going through but try all alternatives first. I wish I would have found this company I'm working for before I had surgery or I wouldn't have had it done.

by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 2:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 21, 2014 at 5:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group!  I'm sorry things have been rough lately.  You have a great attitude and I wish you the best!

polkablur1
by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 5:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Don't look at it as all or nothing. You lost 40 lbs all in all at least. Try the Paleolithic lifestyle and juicing (veggies not much fruit). I know losing weight is such a battle at first until you get to that point where your metabolism kicks back in. Also DR OZ has some supplement recommendations that really help kick start your metabolism & you can get them on Amazon. They get good reviews from what I've read. Best wishes! Keep your chin up!
Firespirit13
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I had a similar experiance I had VSG 3 years ago and after loosing the first t 50 i was stuck  but then i went to clean eating and that changed everything.  dont give up on yourself you took such a huge step for a reason dont give up now.  They say with surgery you will only loose 50% of your excess weight due the surgery alone the other 50% you have to work your ass off and eat extremly small portions to keep it off. I recently had a baby and gained 10 back and its been a bitch to get restarted and going again to get rid of that 10 but its been worht it.  Have you tried going back to the beginning to the liiquid diet and soft foods that seems to kick startt my weight when i really cant get it moving.  Best of luck and dont give up this is just another step in a helathier direction.

truleefrea
by New Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 8:48 AM

OMG I just started working for a company that does supplements and protein shakes that were on today show!!! I looked at them on amazin and they are pretty expensive but the lady I'm working with gets a huge discount So I'm going to order from her after my first or second check.... I'm really backed up on bills so I can't do it right away but I'm pretty much out of everything so I'm just going to reup with her instead of spending a fortune buying it all seperate at different stores. My ENTIRE first check is going to bills. I know this isn't about weight loss but in a way it is. I'm getting all of my utilities shut off one by one over the enxt three weeks. The reason that's about weight loss is because I stress eat so i've put on ( accordin t othe scale this morning ) !13 lbs!!!!! God I can't wait to get back on program. I only wish I had known about  the stuff before I had more than Half of my stomach removed. ALL of that pain and recovery and thrwing up and not sleeping when I could have done the post op diet without surgery and probably would have lost just as fast if not faster!!!!!!!!

thefiregoddess
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this
40 is nothing to sneer at. I feel you though my band failed me and now I'm 70 heavier than when I started the band process four years ago! (I had it removed in September)

Don't feel bad and there's many support groups for wls and sleeve on Facebook if you have one. They have helped me immensely.

Congratulations on your new job!
truleefrea
by New Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 8:57 AM

I tell you what i have been sooooo frustrated with my lack of weightloss!!! I could NOT believe that I had actually gained weight when i never even came close to my goal!!!! I was just so tore up over it. I cried all the time and refuse to wear any cloths that need buttons and zippers. I wear stretchy jeans only. That's why I was shocked when I found out this is the company I'm owkring for. I saw the today show and remember then talking aobut the supplements and protein powders and I just thought it would be another one I would have to eventually try. Well I'm trying them now that I'm working for the company LOL. It's a big price reduction so I'm happy about that cuz since i got married i have had a lOT of financial difficulty. Litterally every way that we could get screwed financially we did. all of our state benefits were cut and the only benefit we have is section 8 which just doubled how much our rent is becuase my son moved out, even though his income is gone too. WE aren't making it. I'm soooo thankful i have this job

http://www.cafemom.com/home/truleefrea

Firespirit13
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 9:02 AM

I remember feeling that way but the truth is if you culd have stuck to the post op diet you wouldnt have done it realisticly.  I tried that i lost 16 lbs in 14 days on the preop diet but it startted coming back as soon as i stopped.  the surgery is just a tool to help you loose you still have to change everything about how you look at food to be more successful. But you are NOT a failure you have lost some you just havent lost everything you want to loose.  I hope this new venture will help you with that. Try to focus on the positive side you HAVE lost 40 lbs and that is huge and life got in the way.  it happens dont let it knock you back to where you startted  you have already come half way to wher you wat to be,

Quoting truleefrea:

OMG I just started working for a company that does supplements and protein shakes that were on today show!!! I looked at them on amazin and they are pretty expensive but the lady I'm working with gets a huge discount So I'm going to order from her after my first or second check.... I'm really backed up on bills so I can't do it right away but I'm pretty much out of everything so I'm just going to reup with her instead of spending a fortune buying it all seperate at different stores. My ENTIRE first check is going to bills. I know this isn't about weight loss but in a way it is. I'm getting all of my utilities shut off one by one over the enxt three weeks. The reason that's about weight loss is because I stress eat so i've put on ( accordin t othe scale this morning ) !13 lbs!!!!! God I can't wait to get back on program. I only wish I had known about  the stuff before I had more than Half of my stomach removed. ALL of that pain and recovery and thrwing up and not sleeping when I could have done the post op diet without surgery and probably would have lost just as fast if not faster!!!!!!!!

truleefrea
by New Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 9:03 AM

This surgery, just as any other weight loss surgery requires tons of vitamins and protein shakes and bars and snacks and all that good stuff. I call it a supped up version of atkins LOL. But I will be back at it in a few weeks after I get my finances settled. Back to basics.... for those of you who haven't had surger it just means going back to the roots of what we did when we first had surgery... protein first, lotso f liquids and all of our vitamins and minerals. I guess when you think about it since it really is just a supped up version of atkins, anyone would loose weight with a surgery patients diet.  God i wish i knew that before they sliced and diced me. BUT heres to hoping

http://www.cafemom.com/home/truleefrea

polkablur1
by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 12:20 PM
What company are you working for? What products?
mrfi4916
by Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 12:32 PM
Bump for company name and info. I need to lose 110lbs.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)