Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

What do you eat for lunch?

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 5:15 AM
  • 66 Replies

Do you take your lunch to work?  Eat at home if you are a SAHM?  Go out to lunch?

by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 5:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyJill87
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 5:17 AM
I never eat out. I have no desire to. Usually I make a ginormous salad, or have whatever leftovers from dinner the night before.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 21, 2014 at 5:17 AM

I always bring my lunch to work.  I typically bring a salad, fruit, and some sort of meat like left over hamburger, chicken or pork chops.  I bring cashews for a snack.  

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 21, 2014 at 5:18 AM
1 mom liked this

I love salads for lunch!  My newest love is to put feta cheese and vinegar/EVOO on it!

Quoting MommyJill87: I never eat out. I have no desire to. Usually I make a ginormous salad, or have whatever leftovers from dinner the night before.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 21, 2014 at 7:13 AM
1 mom liked this

take it to work...eat on the go since we don't get breaks.

I usually take lettuce wraps, nuts & fruit

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Jul. 21, 2014 at 7:51 AM

I take my lunch every day. I guess I'm boring, I don't mind eating the same thing over and over. If we have leftovers from the night before I take those sometimes, but most often it is soup and a salad. Lately I've been bringing Amy's Organic chunky tomato bisque, and a salad that consists of watermelon chunks and feta cheese over spinach, kale, and arugala with a drizzle of balsamic. I try to take advantage of fresh farmer's market veggies in the summer. Today it's tomato stacks with these beautiful heirloom tomatos from the farmers market, fresh basil leaves, and these handy little mini-mozzarella balls I found at the store. I'll need a protein too, so I may bring an Atkins bar for "dessert". 

mkmb129
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 10:24 AM
I either have a wrap full of veggies or a big salad. Sometimes I'll have dinner left overs.
SparklyCoffee
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:29 PM

Today I have a turkey and spinach sandwich, a string cheese, cut up fruit, hard boiled eggs and I will make some popcorn. I eat it all through out the day, but do eat the sandwich around lunch time. 

I mix it up between a salad and a sandwich. It really depends on what workouts I've done that day.

Mommy_Natural
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 1:13 PM
I always have a wrap with some kind of protein, either steak or chicken or a big salad with chicken. If we have leftovers I will bring those, but the older my kids get the less leftovers we have! I also always bring a yogurt, banana, and some kind of veggie. I love all of those foods so I don't mind eating them over and over again.
lapcounter
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 1:16 PM
Grilled tequila lime chicken with cucumber, tomatoes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeachQuean
by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't eat lunch.

I'm a one time meal.eater and that's dinner. Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN