Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

The worst thing you can hear

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 10:27 PM
  • 6 Replies
I've hit a low. I've had four people in the last month ask me if I'm pregnant.

No. I am not.

It's a low I've never had. I've gained a bunch of weight this last year and I'm one of those lucky women who hold it in their stomach.

I feel terrible. It's always at work and today I couldn't hold back the tears after the person left.
I feel so defeated and depressed. I have so much going on and I need to make time for myself to work out.

It's also hard for me to hear because I would love to be pregnant but I have tried for years with no luck. The question is a double whammy.

Ugh. It's the worst thing I can be asked. :(
by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 10:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mybratsmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 10:54 PM
{hugs}

I went through something similar after some health issues after I had my son.

I hope you are able to start making some time for yourself to do what you need to do. Prayers for your broken heart love.
Erinelizz
by Erin on Jul. 22, 2014 at 11:06 PM
1 mom liked this
People who ask other people if they're pregnant...those people suck.

Sorry. Hugs. (>^_^)>
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:40 AM
1 mom liked this

You've hit your lowest-low. Let's put a positive spin on that: Now, you've got motivation. What are you willing to do about this? Are you ready to put in the work to change your life and prevent this from happening again?  Are you going to wallow in self pity, or are you going to get up and do something about it? 

FrauPineapple
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:24 PM
I'm making a game plan. I'm going to make this the moment my life changed for the better.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

You've hit your lowest-low. Let's put a positive spin on that: Now, you've got motivation. What are you willing to do about this? Are you ready to put in the work to change your life and prevent this from happening again?  Are you going to wallow in self pity, or are you going to get up and do something about it? 

kookiered79
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:01 PM

I can empathizes with you, however, now that it is to this point, its time for you to step up and do something about it!  I also let depression take over and it ravaged my health.  I hit my low and finally decided you know what, I cannot blame anyone else for this and I picked up the pieces and I had to start making the difference in my life.  Because no one else could.  I do not want to sound harsh and I sincerley feel that people should keep their comments to themselves, however please make sure to find some time for YOU!  We only have one life, start living it the way YOU want to.  Good luck!

kookiered79
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:03 PM

Quoting FrauPineapple: I'm making a game plan. I'm going to make this the moment my life changed for the better.
Great attitude to have!  One thing I did was purchased a planner and wrote in on the date I started my lifestyle change.  It is a date I have not forgotten.  
Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN