Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Question for those who have lost a lot..

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:19 AM
  • 27 Replies
1 mom liked this
OK ladies.. we all know how nice it is when the positive comments start rolling in from all our hard work.
I'm finally closing in on the end of my weight loss journey..and I have to say that I am shocked at the amount of negative comments I am getting from people. Down right hateful comments, as well as one girl accused me of lying about my pants size. um...seriously?!
I'm even getting the rude 'skinny' comments..and people telling me to stop because I will look sick. I'm still considered overweight by the bmi chart. Yes, I realize is doesn't account for muscle(and I have a lot of it anymore),however I know I have about ten to twelve more to lose. I'm closing in on 90lbs lost and want to hit 100.
Am I the only one who has had experiences like this?
What is the deal?
Sorry, I'm just a bit shocked at all the negative I am getting from people lately. :(
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lillybug222
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:21 AM
Crazy! Do you have pictures?! I love weight loss pics! They inspire me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:24 AM
3 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Here you go. I need to update them though. I'm down a little more and have a little more muscle now.

Quoting lillybug222: Crazy! Do you have pictures?! I love weight loss pics! They inspire me.
tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:25 AM

Mobile Photo

Quoting lillybug222: Crazy! Do you have pictures?! I love weight loss pics! They inspire me.
tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:26 AM
I really need to take some new pictures...
lillybug222
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:28 AM
You look amazing & healthy! Not overly skinny -- at all!!! Don't let others discourage you or bring you down. I suspect some are jealous as you've always been their bigger friend & now you're not at all! Great work!

Quoting tiredmomfor2:

Mobile Photo

Here you go. I need to update them though. I'm down a little more and have a little more muscle now.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Melissa...
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this
You look great! Don't let other people get you down. When it's all said and done, it's your body, and you're the one that needs to be happy with it. I experienced some negatively, but I think it was more about friends and family being concerned. That weren't used to seeing such a change so quickly. As long as you feel good, that's all that matters.
lillybug222
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:30 AM
Again, you look amazing! I will never look as good as you even if I lose 100#. In the picture on the right, you look thin, but I can see why you'd want to keep going to build lean muscle. You should be so proud of yourself! Brush the negative comments off.

Quoting tiredmomfor2:

Mobile Photo

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:33 AM
Thanks. :)
I know I'm not too thin or anything, but the negative is hard to deal with.
I try to just focus on what my husband has to say. He is very honest with me. If I go to low he will be the first to seriously point it out.
It is just frustrating because this whole time people have made positive comments and now they are changing them to negative..or they try to make them sound positive but they are down right rude. *sigh*

Quoting lillybug222: You look amazing & healthy! Not overly skinny -- at all!!! Don't let others discourage you or bring you down. I suspect some are jealous as you've always been their bigger friend & now you're not at all! Great work!

Quoting tiredmomfor2:

Mobile Photo

tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:36 AM
Thank you again. :) I am very proud. I have over come an eating disorder and regained my health in the process. Now I am taking up running.
Yep, toning is a definite goal..but i do want to hit the 100 lb mark. I realize i may never hit it, and that's ok..I just know I not done with my journey yet. :)
I'm sure you are absolutely beautiful at any size!!

Quoting lillybug222: Again, you look amazing! I will never look as good as you even if I lose 100#. In the picture on the right, you look thin, but I can see why you'd want to keep going to build lean muscle. You should be so proud of yourself! Brush the negative comments off.

Quoting tiredmomfor2:

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)