Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Low Carb Dieting

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:30 AM
  • 9 Replies

Hi I'm Diane I'm new to the group. My husband & I live in Indiana and we celebrate our 32nd Anniversary tomorrow. We have two grown children a Dawn 31 & William 25, both are married and we have a 10 yr. old step-son Grant.

I started low carb dieting Monday evening. Our daughter has been on it for about a month and has lost 11 lbs. Doing good so far! I have to say it is quite expensive to get started! I went grocery shopping last night and spent $152!  Lol

I use my fitness app to track my carbs. One question I have about 1 particular food is Salmon patties. Since it's made with a little flour and crackers how do I count the carbs on this? Thanks!  :)

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
tiredmomfor2
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:43 AM
Try using pork rinds in place of the crackers.(just grind them up super fine) That is what I used to use in meat loaf to replace the bread crumbs. :)
Diane325
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:46 AM

Hmm don't have any pork rinds. Is there something else that I would have on hand to use? I'm fixing them tonight.

Quoting tiredmomfor2: Try using pork rinds in place of the crackers.(just grind them up super fine) That is what I used to use in meat loaf to replace the bread crumbs. :)

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:01 AM

look up the nutrition in the flour and crackers- then figure out how much you are using on each peice

OR

bake it/ cook it with no coating- just season it

Diane325
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:11 AM

Flour is 22 g for 1/4 cup & 10 g for 5 crackers. I use 1 can of salmon and makes 3 patties.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:36 AM
Use almond flour or potato starch flour rather than wheat flour.
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:45 PM

Ditch the flour and crackers...it's not needed.  Instead, try adding some parmesan cheese (works great in my meatloaf) or some almond flour.

Diane325
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:07 PM

The Pattie will hold together just using Parmesan cheese?

Quoting michiganmom116:

Ditch the flour and crackers...it's not needed.  Instead, try adding some parmesan cheese (works great in my meatloaf) or some almond flour.

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:29 PM

*sorry- didn't realize you meant patties- I'm no help with this one

Diane325
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:48 PM

I tried the recipe on the can, replacing the flour and crackers with an egg and 1/4 cup bread crumbs = 10 less carbs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)