• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I ran!

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:53 AM
  • 9 Replies
3 moms liked this
I'm not a runner. Never really have been. It's not that I didn't/don't like it, I just never got into it. In general, if I'm running, you probably should run, too, because it's not a good thing!

But I decided to do Couch to 5k. There's a 5k that comes through my neighborhood in May that means a lot to me and for a few years, I've fantasized about running it. Next year will be the year. I am determined! So, yesterday, I ran. I ran the full 2 minutes the program says to run. It was excruciating and amazing all at once. And...I'm actually looking forward to tomorrow to do it again :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MommyJill87
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Great job!
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm proud of you!!!
Cherie74
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Running is addicting! Let that addiction take you over...it's one of the few that's approved. ;)

Our bodies are amazing. A year ago today, I couldn't run a 1/2 mile. Now I can run 6-7. I've done two 5K's and I'm training for a 10K. I'm totally obsessed, lol.

keisha613
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Way to go! I'm a fairly new runner too and I'm totally addicted. Doing my 4th 5k this weekend.
momto1ryen
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Good for you!
kcangel63
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Great job! I start week 6 on Thursday. You can do it.
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:57 AM
Thanks, gals! I love that this group totally gets it and understands why this is such a big deal to me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiredmomfor2
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Great job! I have recently been bit by the running bug. I have been a walker for a long time..making the shift to running was kind of unexpected for me. lol
I get what you mean by it being terrible and amazing all at the same time. lol
mkmb129
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Woohoo!! I LOVE running! Wish I'd started sooner than when I did! Keep at it and you'll be running miles at a time!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)