Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Drink More Water

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:50 AM
  • 70 Replies

A healthy water intake you is at least  2.2 liters per day for normal body function. Drinking eight 8oz glasses of water is about 1.9 liters. The more active you are, the higher your water intake needs to be.

Here is why water is important:

• Water flushes toxins out of our vital organs.
  • Lack of water can lead to dehydration. Dehydration will make you tired, draining your energy levels.
  • Drinking water helps control your between meal cravings
  • Energizes your muscles
  • Keeps your skin hydrated which allows us to maintain a youthful appearance
  • Maintains healthy bowel function

For today's activity, take the challenge to cut out or cut back on juices and soda and replace with water! Try drinking at least  8 cups (8oz) of water each day during this challenge.

Throughout our 30 day challenge, you can reply to this post every time you drink a cup of water if it will help you stay on track!

How much water a day do you drink?

What other beverages do you drink throughout the day besides water?

What beverages do you need to cut back on or eliminate to be successful in your weigh loss journey?

treadmill

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kcangel63
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:57 AM
I try to drink 3/4 gallon of water a day. Some days I do better than others. I need to stay hydrated from nursing and exercising.
tampatha01
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:07 AM
2 moms liked this

I have 2 glasses in this morning, which may be a record for me.  I am not a big water drinker.  So far on the right track. 

Cafe MichelleP
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Have you tried infusing your water with fruits or herbs? This is what  helps me to get in the right amount of water I need daily.

Quoting tampatha01:

I have 2 glasses in this morning, which may be a record for me.  I am not a big water drinker.  So far on the right track. 

Vertical15
by Vanessa on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:14 AM

I carry around a water bottle and usually drink about three refills of it.  I usually just drink water.

sarah824
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:14 AM

I drink one or two cups of coffee each day and then I switch to water. I drink between 48 - 80 ounces of water each day. I feel like I need to cut my evening beer out to help with my weight loss. I usually only have 1 or 2 Coors Lights a few nights a week, but I think cutting those out completely would help.

all2gethernow
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:15 AM
I'm all about the water.
Need to stop with the wine!!!!!
bopeeps_mom
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:15 AM

I drink about 3 liters a day of water 1 cup of coffee and 2 cups of milk....I needed to cut out soda which I had at least 1-2 a day of now I'm down to none!

Bmat
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:17 AM

I aim for a half gallon a day but don;t always make it. I have been drinking more water since I keep some chilled now.

frankiesma530
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:26 AM

If I'm not drinking water, then it's usually black coffee or unsweetened tea. I don't do too many sugary drinks so I've got this one!

frankiesma530
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Lol!

Quoting all2gethernow: I'm all about the water. Need to stop with the wine!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)