Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Herbalife?

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:14 PM
  • 9 Replies

Has anyone had success with Herbalife? I understand it is not ideal, but I, for the first time in my life cannot even sleep due to how heavy I am, I am extremely uncomfortable in my own skin and I just started a new job that I have only dreamt of, so I like the shakes and plan on taking on Herbalife and ween myself off the shakes with healthy meal replacements over time.  But I wanted to know if anyone has had success with it?

Thanks for any info! 

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Jul. 24, 2014 at 6:59 AM
2 moms liked this

Herbalife is very expensive. Why are you going straight to that, rather than just eating a clean diet? You can make your own smoothies for much, much cheaper, and they are better for you. Soy is not a natural substance, and the protein in an herbalife shake is soy. 

Duenov30
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 10:34 PM
I did wonderful my first month on herbalife then the second month I started throwing up everytime I drank a shake and took the vitamins. My "distributor" told me to order the ultimate kit if I wanted maximum results so I did the second month and it was just too much. Taking 7 pills 3 times a day and the shakes I literally threw up everytime I took the vitamins or drank a shake so I stopped. I still have probably 350 bucks worth of herbalife in my cabinet:/
Lilylucymom
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 10:42 PM
I hear it's very expensive and doesn't work well, I use It Works products, they are very affordable and aren't a gimmick, I drink the greens everyday and just that has helped with cravings and makes it easier for me to lose weight? It's fruits and vegetables and affordable. I can answer any questions you may have.
3kidz123
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:19 AM

Any meal shake will do the same thing, why buy that one?

Also bad idea to just drink meal replacements all the time.

Perle1
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:25 AM
I'd spend my money on weight watchers if I were you. Diets that use meal replacements typically don't work over the long term. You have to figure out what is wrong about your diet and make a permanent change to fix it.
Duenov30
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:26 AM
Have you tried the thermo pill by them?

Quoting Lilylucymom: I hear it's very expensive and doesn't work well, I use It Works products, they are very affordable and aren't a gimmick, I drink the greens everyday and just that has helped with cravings and makes it easier for me to lose weight? It's fruits and vegetables and affordable. I can answer any questions you may have.
Djinn83
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:29 AM

Meal replacement diets are a good way to lose 30 lbs, then gain 60 back. 

You need to eat to lose weight. You need a steady intake of 1200+ calories to keep your metabolism going. 

lapcounter
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:31 AM
I wouldn't do anything that wasn't a doctor prescription personally.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:56 AM

I wouldn't touch it personally- waste of money if you ask me. I'd rather just eat FOOD...

I have heard it's expensive and what happens when you stop?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)