Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PiYo-who's tried it?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:33 AM
  • 16 Replies
Have any of you tried PiYo? DH and I just started on Monday. We did 'Sweat' today and it was awesome.

Curious whether anyone has tried and what kind of results you've had.
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Djinn83
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:10 AM

I just looked it up and watched the youtube promo. It looks ok, but I do want to say that every single person in the workout video lifts weights, a lot! Don't expect to get their body from PiYo

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Our zumba studio had it for a bit- I went quite a few times. I had a love/hate relationship with it!

it's hard, but so good! 

*as for results- I was doing it one day a week- pilates one day a week and zumba most days too as well as counting calories- so whatever results I got weren't just from the piyo

..MoonShine..
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:32 AM
Nope...sure don't. Even if I didn't realize thst those people do extra stuff, I long ago learned that not everyone's body does the same thing. :D For me...it feels good and is easy on my joints (which is a big deal).

Quoting Djinn83:

I just looked it up and watched the youtube promo. It looks ok, but I do want to say that every single person in the workout video lifts weights, a lot! Don't expect to get their body from PiYo

..MoonShine..
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:34 AM
I would love to do a live class, but there isn't one locally. :( It is definitely a challenge, but this seems to be what my body needs.

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

Our zumba studio had it for a bit- I went quite a few times. I had a love/hate relationship with it!

it's hard, but so good! 

*as for results- I was doing it one day a week- pilates one day a week and zumba most days too as well as counting calories- so whatever results I got weren't just from the piyo

MommyJill87
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:34 AM
What is it?
..MoonShine..
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:36 AM
It's a combination of yoga and pilates. Low impact, but challenging.

Quoting MommyJill87: What is it?
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:39 AM

Quoting MommyJill87: What is it?

pilates/yoga choreographed to music- so it moves fast at times

TurboMom81
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:42 AM

Two activities I hate the most combined into one program!  No thank you!  I will stick to my other Chalene Johnson Programs.

delmobaby
by Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:48 PM
I want to but at the moment I can't afford it. Maybe in a few months I can get it
proudnavywife03
by Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm doing T25 right now but I plan on trying Piyo in the future:)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)